Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Birmingham V Charlton

Great result even though I'm sure most of the Addicks who made the trip to Birmingham feel robbed as they make the journey home. Still a draw is a result to be very proud of against a very strong Brum side.

Bring on Leicester, COYR!!!!!!!

OS match report: http://www.cafc.co.uk//news/article/20120818-birmingham-report-319722.aspx?

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant picture on CAFC twitter of Cort celebrating goal.
  • Options
    Played absolutely blinding but missed too many chances

Gutted to lose the 3 points at the death but if we can keep that 11 fit we have a chance
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Really enjoyed the day much mote relaxed about the season. My only concern is that we did not take our chances could have been 2 up at half time. Hamer looked very assured and Cort awesome. Probably not the best game we will see for yann but he will have learnt that he is playing a higher quality of defender. Suspect there is more to come from our midfield, although pritch worked his socks off.

1 minute and it could have been so much better but even still it was brilliant

We played football and played brum off the pitch for much if the game.

The reds are back, now yann score against leicester
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted. But would have snatched your hand off for a point at the start. If it was the other way round and we had got the last minute equaliser I'd be going mental now. Off into brum town now to cheer me up
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Great game we were very impressIve. Gutted to draw but as others have said would have settled for a draw prior to the start. But we deserved 3 points after the performance today. Almost like last season had never ended
  • Options
    Good result. Shame we went to sleep at the end there. We were the better team for the majority of the game. We never really created to many clear cut oppurtunitues only one coming in the first half when kermit managed to hit it over the bar other then that we had a few half chances. Birmingham never really threatned which made it worse when they equalised. Overall the back 4 looked very solid and so did the midfield. Think we may struggle to score goals this season but i dont think we will concede too many either.
  • Options
    I'm gutted right know but that will turn to happiness in about 2 hours as I would've taken a point V Brum any day of the week.

Also we are number 1 in South London!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    nearly the perfect start to the season
    but the difference is there from last seasons pub league where we could often hold out it's not gonna be so easy now cos we're playing better teams obviously
    sounds like we battered em in stages but couldn't find the killer finish

1% top 6 ..........20% 7th-12th ......70% 13th-21st and 9% relegation woe
  • Options

Also we are number 1 in South London!!!!!!!!!!!!

it feels good , it feels real good
  • Options

Stop it please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goals have already been on SSN.
  • Options

You have us at 99/1 for a top six finish and the bookies have us at 5/1 - let me know how I can put on a tenner! :-)

• Options
    Cruel to concede late on. Should of been at least two up by the break. Said id take a point, and thats what we have. Full confidence in the team to go and push for the top half this season.
  • Options
    It feels good. First hurdle over.
    We have to really get behind Yann on Tuesday now. Cheer him to a hat trick.
  • Options
    feel free to have a tenner at 5's ;-)
  • Options
    Echo a lot of comments already made, I thought this was going to be one of our top 6 toughest away games, given the fact that I think Brum finished 4th last season, didn't think they were all that to be honest , I think we played really well and have put down a marker for the season, I hope the players are proud but disappoints to have got a draw (it will have felt like a loss, having let a goal in so so late) and I'm sure CP will want them to come out all guns blazing on Tuesdsy night.

I'm proud of how our players performed today, you have got to take our chances at this level if you want to get anywhere, I'm am not worried or panicking over this level of performance, we will get better I believe.

• Options
    Typing this with predictive text so apologies to the grammar police for typos. :-0
  • Options
    happy with an away point, but gutted to concede the equaliser so late. Nice to see that we have started well and that those who were predicting convincing defeats this season e.g '3-0 defeat, get used to it', etc should be pleased to be completely wrong!!!
  • Options
    Just shook pritches hand in nandos. What a ledge.
  • Options
    Birmingham had the second best home record in the Championship last season (behind Southampton). This is a very good point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Just on train home. We was pukka. To come up a level and play the way we did is brilliant.
    We controlled the game against a decent side.
    Apart from their 7 they were very average.
    Really confident about the season ahead.
    Gutted but well done boys.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2012

Birmingham had the second best home record in the Championship last season (behind Southampton). This is a very good point.

It is, but in the context of the game it's two lost.

The back four and midfield were excellent. Stephens controlled the pace of the game and if him and Hollands can play like they did today then we'll have far more positives than negatives.

As much as I like Pritch, and he played fine today, a natural and attacking winger would give us a load more options. Kermo is going to get a lot less change than usual and BWP needs to gamble a bit more.

Very positive though, played some great football and didn't resort to the long ball. Gutted.
  • Options
    Definitely would have taken a point before kick off. Was gutted when i saw the update on Twitter saying Brum had equalised in the last minute. But it sounds promising that we did a lot of good things and created chances.

Really looking forward to Tuesday. COME ON YOU ADDICKS!!!
  • Options
    Great result, even though I'm gutted that we conceded late on. Delighted with the comments here from those who were there, 1,600 + who made a lot of noise.

Have to point out to those who (unbelievably) criticised SCP's team selection on Tuesday, that he has answered them handsomely
  • Options
    Aside from the dropped points all sounds positive. I'd've happily taken a point before hand so all's good. Onwards and upwards Charlton!
  • Options
    Certainly agree that Brum away is (on paper at least) one of the toughest fixtures of the season and to get a draw and still feel disappointed tells us something. Not just that they got a last minute equalizer but because it seems we genuinely deserved to win the game. Very impressed and hopefully more of the same over the next few weeks
  • Options
    back home now, still absolutely gutted about the late goal but thought we were excellent. every player played well and we deserved all the points. loved the atmosphere second half too.
  • Options
    Among other pleasant surprises, a month ago I never expected I'd be hearing the Chris Solly song beaming down the airwaves today...
  • Options
    Played some quality football In spells

Can't think of any negatives apart from we need to take our chances

Absolutely bossed that game for long Periods
  • Options
    How bad was the kermorgant miss a few Birmingham fans have said it's one of the misses of the season?