Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where's Waggy Gone?

Not in the starting 11 today , not on the bench , was he injured / left out / going to be sold?

Comments

• Options
    I'm glad someone else noticed that, im going to guess its probably because Green was on the bench though.

Perhaps theres nothing to read into it, no point keeping two similar players on the bench, combined with Kerkar I guess SCP felt the midfield was covered.
  • Options
    Waggy on pitch practising before the game. Think Powell thinks he is not good enough to make the step up. I make him right.
  • Options
    According to the official Twitter he was missing from the back of the programme too? Odd, but probably nowt in it. image
  • Options
    Saw him doing some fitness work on the side of the pitch separately from the rest. Was in some discomfort
  • Options
    AlexAnder said:

Saw him doing some fitness work on the side of the pitch separately from the rest. Was in some discomfort

Actually now that you've said that it has reminded me that on the BBC website it listed us as having only put out 6 subs, that was probably why.
  • Options
    Looked physically ill as if struggling with a cold or something after his work.
  • Options
    Apparently we did have seven subs, the BBC just forgot to include Green in the list of subs? I don't know whether that's true or not but it's what I read on here earlier.
  • Options
    Ruben Bover also said on twitter that we had six subs and there was only six out practising at half time
  • Options
    OS match report has Green as one of seven subs
  • Options
    Yeh Green was there on the bench, not sure if 'officially' a sub tho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Green was announced as sub on.cafc twitter, and the back of the program theyve bumped kerkar and sully up a place and missed waggy. I suspect he'll be off anyway
  • Options
    Someone had to miss out. Wilson offers a defensive option at RM, others more likely to come on and make create a chance.

Ideally need a CM and another striker on the bench, get them in and I'd expect Green and another to also miss out.
  • Options
    Kidnapped by Henry and in his dungeon somewhere
  • Options
    to be used in a swap deal for baldock. It's true, read it on football-rumours
  • Options
    Green has a bit more quality - more chance of affecting the game which is why he got the nod on the bench. Waggy for me is a little one dimensional and I doubt he will see much action this season.
  • Options
    Not in the starting 11 today , not on the bench , was he injured / left out / going to be sold?
    Let's automatically assume the worst. He was dropped for the good of the squad, it gave us a better balance and earned us a draw, nearly a win.
  • Options
    If he isn't going to force his way into SCP's plans I can't see him being happy not even on the bench. Too good a player not to be getting regular football IMHO.
  • Options
    If he isn't going to force his way into SCP's plans I can't see him being happy not even on the bench. Too good a player not to be getting regular football IMHO.
    If Waggy want to go cos he's not in the first XI then we do not need players who aren't willing to knuckle down and support the team? Having said this, I would not put Waggy in this "play me or I go" category, so no worries there - it's up to him to play his part in the squad and I hope to see him on the field on merit soon!
  • Options
    Might he go to Sheff Utd in px for Quinn?
  • Options

If Waggy want to go cos he's not in the first XI then we do not need players who aren't willing to knuckle down and support the team? Having said this, I would not put Waggy in this "play me or I go" category, so no worries there - it's up to him to play his part in the squad and I hope to see him on the field on merit soon!

Agree that Waggy isn't that sort of character but I think he needs football at his age. Given a run I think he could be Championship quality and that needs to be his goal but not getting on the bench for us won't achieve it. Seems both Green and Wilson are ahead of him at the moment. SCP paid money for both.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a load of old twadle.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

What a load of old twadle.

Which bit exactly ?

• Options
    He played up front with Michael Smith against Orient and scored a good goal. Stayed on his feet for most of the time and less looking for fouls from the (very poor) ref but was poor overall. He was hit by some very heavy tackles. There are better players in the squad now.
  • Options
    I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit because I don't think there's anything to read into. That he wasn't in the squad yesterday was fitness-based.

He was there on the pitch doing fitness work during the warm-up, and looked absolutely shattered afterwards as if he's been struggling with illness.

I'm sure with his versatility there will be at least be a place for him on the bench when fit.
  • Options
    tricky said:

I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit because I don't think there's anythingJ to read into. That he wasn't in the squad yesterday was fitness-based.

He was there on the pitch doing fitness work during the warm-up, and looked absolutely shattered afterwards as if he's been struggling with illness.

I'm sure with his versatility there will be at least be a place for him on the bench when fit.

this
  • Options
    tricky said:

I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit because I don't think there's anything to read into. That he wasn't in the squad yesterday was fitness-based.

Good to hear.

• Options
    people have been playing too much football manager this summer. Solly and Waggy will not be leaving this window at least. FACT.
  • Options
    Waggy needs to worry when he has been overlooked for 4 or 5 games not just the first game of the season
  • Options
    He wasn't overlooked for the first game of the season, he was ill.
  • Options
    IMO Pritchard is better than both Green an Waggy , therefore , the lineup sorts itself out