Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Virgin Trains

edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
Any one else sorry that Virgin have lost their franchise? I have been to Carlisle for the past Five years,holiday,not football and have nothing but praise for them,let,s hope First Group are as good.

Comments

• Options
    Derek1952 said:

Any one else sorry that Virgin have lost their franchise? I have been to Carlisle for the past Five years,holiday,not football and have nothing but praise for them,let,s hope First Group are as good.

same here, always found the service to be very good and the fares when booked in advance excellent.
  • Options
    Very good breakfast in First Class.
  • Options
    First group are not up to much.
  • Options
    richie8 said:

First group are not up to much.

That's being kind. They are terrible.
  • Options
    Just me full of the joys of spring after yesterday!! They are complete crap to be truthful!
  • Options
    Not used first group before , spill the beans , why are they so pants in comparison?
  • Options
    I have always thought virgin trains were good
  • Options
    As one living in Virginland yes it is a great pity, they have run an excellent service and First Group are known crap, but then by the time it all goes wrong this government won't be there to take the consequence, just us lot.
  • Options

Not used first group before , spill the beans , why are they so pants in comparison?

In a word.....Thameslink.
  • Options

In a word.....Thameslink.
    I was just thinking that myself.

Shit trains,
    No heaters,
    Shit service,
    No Aircon,
    Shit prices

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair they are taking over the Virgin rolling stock,so at least the trains will have heating and Aircon. Looking at what people are saying,iam not looking forward to going next year.
  • Options
    Their slogan used to be "Business Brains Take Virgin Trains" and I say "Bird Brains Take Virgin Trains" and I am one of them!
  • Options
    Never been on a bad one

They were late getting us home from Liverpool and we all got black cabs from Euston I think to our homes as we had missed the connecting trains

Might be standard practice but stuck in my mind
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

To be fair they are taking over the Virgin rolling stock,so at least the trains will have heating and Aircon. Looking at what people are saying,iam not looking forward to going next year.

Expect the aircon to be turned on this winter, the heating to be turned on next summer, then both to be turned off to save money after a year
  • Options
    If you think that the government's decision was wrong to award the franchise to First Group then there is a petition you can sign at

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/37180