Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scouts

Ive seen a lot of people moaning on here recently about how our scouts dont capture enough talent: missing out on chris smalling etc,however ,look at Pritchard and that mills guy we have on trial from Maidstone , to me it seems like they are doing a decent job

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Considering our catchment area and the number of other clubs we compete with in London I think it is remarkable how many talents we scout into our academy when you look at the likes of Jon Jo, Jenkinson and Solly for example.

Did a great job with our entire squad last season too.
  • Options
    I think quite a few players were scouted when they came to the community trusts football courses
  • Options
    Not sure where you've seen this criticism of the scouts on here in recent months but yes, as RCT saysn given the local competition they do well.

We have England captains at two youth levels and Gus Poyet who could get his son in at a number of clubs prefers to let him develop with us.
  • Options
    Have a feeling poyet won't be here much longer though
  • Options

Have a feeling poyet won't be here much longer though

agreed, loan move on the cards? :)
  • Options
    Could do well on loan, along with Harriot and osborne
  • Options
    So how many scouts does the club employ? We never seem to find any foreign jewels. Do we scout Europe at all?
  • Options

So how many scouts does the club employ? We never seem to find any foreign jewels. Do we scout Europe at all?

No. Only Belgium and Morroco

• Options
    I was in the 7th Royal Eltham
  • Options
    20th Orpington Boys Brigade.