Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Skint Charlton

Where did this rumour come from? I've been reading on here for weeks now that we are skint but there doesn't appear to be any concrete evidence. Does any exist??

Is it because we have signed only for players?? We signed over 20 last year and i'm pretty sure that most of these signings were made on the basis that they were good enough for the championship, if not they have to leave befoe new faces are brought in (Hayes and Clarke). The board may have told Powell that after last years investments we have to stick with what we have

board members have left? So!!! Maybe Jiminez wanted them out as they didnt share the same vision. Jiminez seems to be the kind of guy that gets what he wants and if he wanted the other bord members out then thats up to him. It doesnt suggets we are in financial trouble.

My view is that the board are trying to build slowly and with caution. Last time we were in this league we spent in the region of £5m that we didnt have on McCloud, Varney and Grey and were reportidly on the verge of administration.

Just my view but I would be interested to see if any evidence of us being skint exists

Comments

• Options
    Here we go again....
  • Options
    (no concrete evidence) but was told by a reliable source that most players arent being paid, but not sure how much of this i agree with as why would players play if they arent getting paid..?
  • Options
    Look Toddy. Go to the Steve Kavanagh thread and read it all. Then come back and post again. Not having a pop but it might just become clear.
  • Options
    Get the life jackets out
  • Options
    Shooters hill guru, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will have a look. Without reading the thread I'm just trying to work out how we have gone from having rich secret backers to being the new Portsmouth
  • Options
    Shooters hill guru, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will have a look. Without reading the thread I'm just trying to work out how we have gone from having rich secret backers to being the new Portsmouth
    Yeah go on there and read about a thousand comments !
    Nothing seems to be clear about this situation . But everything's fine until it's not ;)
  • Options
    Can't believe nobody has mentioned the spelling.
  • Options
    Oddly enough I'm watching a documentary about submarine films at the moment...
  • Options

Oddly enough I'm watching a documentary about submarine films at the moment...

Lol

• Options
    I've got the popcorn.................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I read the first page of 900 comments which was all peoples views with no concrete evidence. 3 months ago the board were hero's but now because a CEO leaves and we only sign 4 players we are in trouble. Nothing to do with new owners wanting to bring in their own men?
  • Options

We aren't the new Portsmouth...
  • Options
    It's to late for a great thread like this to get going. I have work in the morning.
  • Options
    the first 50 comments in 900 don't really cover it....
  • Options
    Look at the signings we have made so far and draw your own conclusions.

I have.
  • Options

I read the first page of 900 comments which was all peoples views with no concrete evidence. 3 months ago the board were hero's but now because a CEO leaves and we only sign 4 players we are in trouble. Nothing to do with new owners wanting to bring in their own men?

A couple of well respected posters on here all heard from differing stories the same line about us having cash flow problems and a main investor pulling out. Then another well respected poster on here heard that a player was about to sign for us but pulled out at the last minute. Add to the fact the Varney, Kavanagh and Newell have all left, with pretty pathetic reasons given by the club each time, and the fact we seemingly failed to sign any of our supposed transfer targets and I think it is fair to say that everything is not 100% behind the scenes.

However no one is saying we are skint and about to become the next Portsmouth. Every business has cash flow problems, and its hard to tell just how serious ours were. Personally I believe that we were in a fair amount of trouble at the start of the summer, now the problems have eased up a little, and in order to make further signings we just need to get a few players of the wage bill (Hayes, Clarke for 2).

So in answer to your question, no there is no concrete evidence, but there is plenty of evidence that does show there is something going on behind the scenes....how bad you believe this to be I guess depends on how much you trust posters on here, and how much you trust Jiminez and Slater.
  • Options
    Or the tea lady.
  • Options
    Why drag it up on the eve of our first home game though?
  • Options
  • Options
    Stop with depressing threads
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You need to ask Elsie at the training ground , she makes the tea apparently , and is unhappy at being traded down from PG tips to Netto teabags.
  • Options
    You need to ask Elsie at the training ground , she makes the tea apparently , and is unhappy at being traded down from PG tips to Netto teabags.
    Soon we will be down to sainsburys own , what has this come too !
  • Options
    Netto tea bags. In your dreams.
  • Options
    Elsie is the new signing?

Not Elsie Van PG?
  • Options
    lawrie wilson is a great signing, one of the better players out of league 1. Jordan cook seems to be looking settled. Kerkar has some quality about him. 3 out of the 4 signings are decent, the 4th could be quality when fit. You dont need to spend big money on players to go places, our team is a team without any big names, doesnt mean we havent got any money.
  • Options
    As I mentioned on the other thread, we can all speculate what has been doing on behind the scenes. I don't even think Airman Brown knows the full story. I work for a large company and have seen directors in office's most of the time but I don't get to hear what is happening, just little snippets and it's easy to over think things when it could simply be a smaller issue.

As I see it, when the new board came in they had to urgently fix the football side to stop the downward spiral of the last six years. They did that. They did that so well that that they made downwards becoming shooting upwards. At the end of the season the time came to turn their attentions to the staffing management side. This is the best way round they could have done it. Maybe their clean out of the boardroom / management offices will go as well as their clean up of the football side?

There is no evidence of money being taken out of the club - quite the opposite in fact and the only thing that could be considered is that there was a board re-structure and a couple of board members left, but they weren't the ones with the money.

If I was you Todd's I would not worry about a thing at the moment and just enjoy our success last season and enjoying this season. Until the club comes out and says we are in trouble, I believe it's best for all of us to look forward rather than worry all the time!

• Options
    SuperYann said:

lawrie wilson is a great signing, one of the better players out of league 1. Jordan cook seems to be looking settled. Kerkar has some quality about him. 3 out of the 4 signings are decent, the 4th could be quality when fit. You dont need to spend big money on players to go places, our team is a team without any big names, doesnt mean we havent got any money.

Wilson a great signing are you having a laugh
  • Options
    I have to say that sometimes this site drives me nuts. If the club bought Lionel Messi I am sure there would be someone posting saying "Oh woe we only bought Messi and not Ronaldo as well we must be broke" I have a suggestion, until we know otherwise why don't you give it a rest.
  • Options
    Messi? Not tall enough.