Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Level Crossing, Charlton Lane.

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Gates have jammed and will be closed for this evenings game!

Comments

• Options
    JTJT
    edited August 2012
    Censorship
  • Options
    JT said:

Censorship

Hahaha...
  • Options
    JT said:

Censorship

pmsl
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

You've super-glued them together as part of your campaign to get people to use public transport haven't you!

• Options
    cafcfan said:

BIG_ROB said:

You've super-glued them together as part of your campaign to get people to use public transport haven't you!

I saw Bob Crow down their the other week campaigning for better conditions for the gates......?
  • Options
    You are such a name dropper Rob!
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

You are such a name dropper Rob!

Aceface

; )
  • Options
    B Rob i saw dear down near there early in the morning good few years back. Thought we might get a gun have a pop but now i hear Bob Crows been seen we should DEFO get the gun and get down there.
  • Options
    Don't mind a bit of corvide bashing.

; )
  • Options
    I did a few shifts in that box in 1985 and it was shagged out then,so would reckon its falling apart now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    richie8 said:

I did a few shifts in that box in 1985 and it was shagged out then,so would reckon its falling apart now!

I was one of the little chavs who use to give you shit from across the road in Cox's Mount.

Sorry Richie mate....

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

That's what my wife says
  • Options
    richie8 said:

I wouldn't admit to that. The reputation of the workers in that unit made BR install fencing to keep you in.

• Options
    It was the bum job on the whole railway.They tricked brand new starts in to applying for a job in there as it was one grade off the bottom and once you were in there it took drastic action to get out of there! Serious medical problems,mental breakdowns and getting that pissed that you passed out and the trains were backed up and the police had to kick the door down were used in the mid/late 80s to get out of the place!
    You lapsed in to such a coma the chavs would have had to torch the place for you to notice.As I say I wasn't there much but it did your nut inside an hour,press button and the siren goes,12 blasts,gates go down,pull lever to lock and lever for signal.Train goes by,process in reverse with out siren.Repeat 8-20 odd times an hour.Add loads of vocal abuse from the motorists.Added to the fact it was about the size of a dog kennel! A dream job! Must be worse now as there are more off peak trains! Nurse bring me my medication now!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    richie8 said:

Are you the bloke who used to let the locals operate it whilst you popped in to the oak?
  • Options
    Not guilty mate,though wish I had thought of that!
  • Options
    Was that the bloke with the rather flamboyant hair cut or a tall lad with a mod haircut? There was a woman working there as well,they were permanent the other shifts were covered by anyone who had unfortunately been trained to the box and didn't hide quick enough.I didn't do it much as you had to be 18 and I moved on a month after turning 18.