Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley wright Phillips - transformed?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I wonder how much of the signing of Fuller influenced BWP's performance last night. He had to fight for his place, it worked and payed off for us and himself.

Great performance from the word go. Really stepped up in a big game.
  • Options
    Competition is the key.
    Never had a problem with BWP last season and was always disappointed when he wasn't picked to start a game. He knows that this season he has to be on top of his game to stay in the team (as do all the other players) and I think he'll rise to the challenge.

Might have also helped him last night that much of the emphasis was on Kermorgant facing his former club?
    He has a manager that believes in him.........................................

The only thing (in my eyes) that lets him down at times is his first touch. A couple of times last night, he lost posession due to this.
  • Options
    BWP is as active and hardworking as last season, it's just the cumbersome and hulking centre backs that made him look even more of a nipper than before! :)
  • Options
    You can all argue the toss over whatever. But that was BWP's best game for us IMO. Possibly, helped by the signing of Fuller :-)
  • Options
    BWP is a quality player. Him and Yann both gave our defense problems. Your tactics worked well putting Yann on our very young center half Liam Moore and letting BWP take on fat Wes. Yann won 80% of headers and BWP ripped torn us apart.
  • Options
    He chased everything last season too, the only difference I noticed yesterday was his hold up play which was outstanding. He seems to be getting a bit better at being onside too!
  • Options
    No doubt BWP is thinking that Fuller is after his shirt.

But BWP is the one in possession of that shirt and put in the quality performance to keep it - if Fuller wants his place, then he's going to have to go some to get it!

That's truly the thinking behind competition for places in the squad.
    Manager's dream.
  • Options
    Basically what Oggy just said. For the very first time BWP has to glance over his shoulder and see a face looking to have a chance of getting ahead of him. Having said that he's never been even the slightest bit lazy or disinterested. Excellent player and excellent attitude and we're damned lucky to have him.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I don't think transformed is the word, but he looked so much sharper and hungrier than he did towards the end of last season. I was impressed last season, but even his most avid fan would have to agree that he closed down much more today that he did before. Maybe this was due to a better pre season? His first touch was sublime throughout.

Thought he was such an underrated and key player of our team last year, I'm so happy to see him do it at this level too. I hope it carries on.

Also worth noting how important his goal was, out of the blue & against the run of play, shocked Leicester massively.
  • Options
    He looked extremely sharp at the beginning of last season. I have great faith in him as you will see from my pre season posts - I think he is a terrific natural striker and part of the problem for that spell last season was that he was trying too hard after a bit of a drought - which can happen to all strikers. I also believed (and hoped to be honest) that his poor spell would make him a better player.