Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, who won the toss???

DA7DA7
edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Was the change of ends at the start, Charlton's choice, as Leicester kicked off???
Is this a new tactic to confuse????

Comments

• Options
    PK would have told their captain to kick towards the covered end in the second half.
  • Options
    Who gives a toss???
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Who gives a toss???

I do, I get confused if we kick the wrong way in the second half !!!
  • Options
    I hate it when we kick the wrong way, but if we have a first half lead as a result I think it helps us when defending in the second half when the partisan suport helps the players. Tonight was a good example...but if it had been 0-0 at half time.............hmmmn.
  • Options
    They had KO so we had choice of ends. Must be to do with starting with some intensity
  • Options
    I wonder if News Shopper can ask at the press conference on Thursday. Would be genuinely interested in the answer.
  • Options
    Leicester won the toss and chose to change ends. Team wins toss gets ends and second half kick off. Team that loses gets first half kick off.
  • Options
    Spankie said:

Leicester won the toss and chose to change ends. Team wins toss gets ends and second half kick off. Team that loses gets first half kick off.

So why did they kick off first half, and us the second then?

• Options
    Johnnie Jackson ‏@johnnie_jackson on twitter
    ......... just think we tend to start better attacking north stand
  • Options
    It is usual for the winning captain of the toss to choose ends and the opposition get first half kick-off. As Leicester kicked-off in the first half I would assume Charlton won the toss and elected to kick towards the north stand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jackson on Twitter said it was his decision to change ends as he thinks we start better attacking the north stand. Sorry cant do link
  • Options
    I quite liked it as I sit behind the goal in the North so got a great view of the goals....not complaining at all
  • Options
    He may be right but I still don't like it

I suppose it will change when we lose here's hoping we kick that way all season
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    WSA said:

Ermmmm Johnny......56 years of watching the Addicks tells me otherwise.....stick to tradition mate!
    I for one definately don't like it and have 'never' seen or heard of a Charlton skipper knowingly choose to kick towards The Covered End first half.....it always has and always will make me and I suspect most others feel decidedly uncomfortable.

• Options
    Strange thing to be uncomfortable about.
  • Options

WSA said:

Ermmmm Johnny......56 years of watching the Addicks tells me otherwise.....stick to tradition mate!
    I for one definately don't like it and have 'never' seen or heard of a Charlton skipper knowingly choose to kick towards The Covered End first half.....it always has and always will make me and I suspect most others feel decidedly uncomfortable.

He's the captain of our club, think he knows better mate ;)

Two goals in the first half made me feel anything but uncomfortable....

• Options
    eldavide said:

Spankie said:

So why did they kick off first half, and us the second then?

We must have won the toss then and chose to shoot towards the North stand.

• Options
    Whoever loses the toss kicks-off.
  • Options
    I quite liked the change, and sitting in the North Upper had a great view of both goals. Keep it up if we're playing well.
  • Options
    I can't see why anyone could moan about this.
    Jackson wanted us to start strongly (maybe because it's the first game and wanted the crowd positive?) and we went in two up having, well, started strongly.
    Oh, and we won the game.
    Looks to me like JJ got this one absolutely spot on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carry on Jacko 2-0 at half time makes you right!
  • Options

Jackson wanted us to start strongly (maybe because it's the first game and wanted the crowd positive?) and we went in two up having, well, started strongly.
    Oh, and we won the game.

Why use the word 'moaning' ............who's moaning?
    It's just a widely held view by many long standing fans....I can asure you it's 100% true and some folk are superstitious in varying degrees into the bargain....but if Jacko is under the impression that it's better to do that then so be it....but it was without question the first time I've ever seen it done in years of watching.
    I don't agree but then I'm not out there on the pitch....he'll do what he sees fit and I'll have to go along with it like everyone else.

• Options
    Fair enough, but your previous post looked like a moan to me.
    :-)
  • Options
    Didn't someone make us switch midway through last season, we won and then switched it ourselves the next couple of games? It's all about superstition with footballers. Besides, I don't see what the fuss is about, you still attack both ends for 45 minutes!
  • Options
    Nope, agree with SoundAs. Don't care what anyone else thinks, nor Jackson if it comes to it|
  • Options

Oh, and we won the game.

It's just a widely held view by many long standing fans....I can asure you it's 100% true and some folk are superstitious in varying degrees into the bargain....but if Jacko is under the impression that it's better to do that then so be it....but it was without question the first time I've ever seen it done in years of watching.
    I don't agree but then I'm not out there on the pitch....he'll do what he sees fit and I'll have to go along with it like everyone else.

Dont get to The Valley too often?

• Options
    Last season, I think we kicked towards The Covered End more often that not in the 1st half.
    I say that because I remember remarking upon it last season.
  • Options
    Yep, there was a thread on exactly this subject a few months ago.

Pardew when in charge actually asked about the possibility of away fans being moved out of the South stand so we could attack our own fans in both periods.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Oh, and we won the game.

You're not reading things correctly fella.....I said no Charlton skipper has ever won the toss and then decided to kick towards the Covered End in the first half....if you know of one who has then you're a better man than me.
    When 'ever' that happens it's the oppo skipper who wins the toss and then turns us round to play towards The Covered End.

• Options

Oh, and we won the game.

You're not reading things correctly fella.....I said no Charlton skipper has ever won the toss and then decided to kick towards the Covered End in the first half....if you know of one who has then you're a better man than me.
    When 'ever' that happens it's the oppo skipper who wins the toss and then turns us round to play towrds The Covered End.

Source ?