Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Utd Forced To Sell Players

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
I see on the BBC site that Sheffield Utd have had to leave out Cresswell and Montgomery (for fear of injury) last night as they're hoping to sell 2 of their assets before the transfer window shuts.
Do you think either of them are worth a bid, Cresswell looks reasonable and played in 51 games last season so must be pretty capable.
I guess I'm asking a few things, would we want more players from League 1 (I'm doubtful but bored) and do you think we're likely to sign anyone else excluding N'Guessan?
Cresswell looks the better of the 2, but I dont think he'd get anywhere near our team - Montgomery would possibly get on the bench to be brought on when we're trying to close off games

Comments

• Options
    The one I would like is Stephen Quinn and we were linked with him last week.
  • Options
    Anyone from Sheff Utd will be on MASSIVE wages.
  • Options
    Ha ha . . . . MASSIVE expectations
  • Options
    THey're owed £10m still by West Ham apparently, someone should make them pay it up!
  • Options
    I'd take Montgomery if his wages were ok and play him with Hollands
  • Options
    Creswell is 34, Montgomery 30 and was at Millwall on loan recently. He has had a few bad injuries over the past couple of seasons.
    Both were decent players 4 to 5 years ago , they are both now past their best
  • Options

Creswell is 34, Montgomery 30 and was at Millwall on loan recently. He has had a few bad injuries over the past couple of seasons.

If they read this, you're gonna really hurt their feelings
  • Options
    danwhicks said:

If they read this, you're gonna really hurt their feelings
    The truth alas .. can be hurtful :-)
  • Options
    I hope we can get Quinn how much would he cost?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I would assume that as the forementioned players were deliberately left out last night as Sheffield are hoping to sell them - that Quinn is probably set to stay, as he played
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quinn is probably set to stay - as he played
  • Options
    danwhicks said:

I would assume that as the forementioned players were deliberately left out last night as Sheffield are hoping to sell them - that Quinn is probably set to stay, as he played

but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story hey :D

now where is that rumours thread ....
  • Options
    I think Quiin was linked with a northern club? Blackpool?
  • Options
    It makes a mockery of the game really doesn't it.

Sheff Utd are having to leave star players out in the hope they can be sold to raise funds.

West Ham still owe Sheff Utd 10 million from the Teves affair

West Ham have today increased their offer to 10 million for Jarvis from Wolves

Only in football would this happen
  • Options
    It's exactly what happened to us, the 1st season down in L1 you can gamble by maintaining an expensive squad in the hope you'll go straight up, but if you don't succeed then the wage bill becomes untenable.
  • Options

Sheff Utd are having to leave star players out in the hope they can be sold to raise funds.

I read about West Hams reluctance to pay back the £10million yesterday, and I felt like banging my head against the wall - knowing the further up the leagues we go, the more likely everything starts to become tap ups, bribes and IOU's makes me weary for the future.

• Options
    You should all know by now that there is one rule for "world cup winning" West Ham and another for the rest of us....
  • Options

Not really. There are countless businesses in most sectors that make economies or sell assets to make ends meet and are owed bundles by others - whilst those others are out spending cash like there's no tomorrow.

I'm pretty certain that Sheff U would've twigged that West Ham owe them and that some sort of negotiated payment terms had been agreed - or else there would likely be court proceedings by now.

Of course if they have piss poor financial management and haven't done any of this then it's nobodies fault but their own, but I doubt th,ats the case.
  • Options
    I get the feeling that the FA won't do anything about Wet Sham because they have TB in their ranks who is connected with Wet Sham. In the offices of the FA there are some big carpets to sweep things under.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Ham owe them £10 million - they should be made to pay it now - this dates from when we got relegated from the Premiership and wan't yesterday after all.
  • Options
    Stephen quinn, rocardo fuller amd lawrie wilson would be a good summer.

I wonder what powell's wishlist looked like originally though. Something like baldock, antonio, quinn perhaps?
  • Options

I wonder what powell's wishlist looked like originally though. Something like baldock, antonio, quinn perhaps?

It was:

Baldock
    Quinn
    Cooke
    Wilson
    O'Dea
    An Other who's name escapes me.
  • Options
    Brunello said:

It was:

Baldock
    Quinn
    Cooke
    Wilson
    O'Dea
    An Other who's name escapes me.
    Is that a guess or do youknow that for a fact
  • Options
    O'Dea ? As in Darren ? He's terrible !
  • Options
    Clutching at straws here, but could it possibly be that those two players were left out as they're not good enough?
  • Options

Are they stilll paying Ched?

Think Ched has other more pressing matters to worry about - protecting his anal virginity etc

• Options

Are they stilll paying Ched?

Think Ched has other more pressing matters to worry about - protecting his anal virginity etc

No, he lost that as a teenager in Wales the night he made the fatal error of wearing a sheepskin coat....................