Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dr Kish....views on the midfield last night....

2»

Comments

• Options
    ?????
  • Options

?????

Is that to me or Stone?
  • Options
    Not you Len - but I thought Pritchard was excellent last night and kept running till the end - at least he did in the game I watched.
  • Options
    Stone said:

Pritch was blowing out of his arse after 30 minutes. He had a decent game but let the love-in begin eh? I can see addoration of Semedo proportions on there way on a weekly basis.

Brad Pritchard, woah-oo
    Brad Pritchard, woah-oo-oo
    He comes from Zimbabwe,
    He fuc........ Nah, the song doesn't work.
  • Options
    I'd like to see Pritchard get a run of games at right midfield. It helps out our slow CMs but he's more solid than Green and has a more all round game than Wagstaff. He's one of those players that will keep learning and improving.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Yeah interesting as I also didn't think Stephens was amazing but some are giving him very high scores on the player ratings thread.

Pritchard is fast becoming my favourite player (if I'm allowed one at 27!!)

I think you're old enough now.
  • Options
    SCP selected the four best MF to play LCFC, and to prove it - we won.

He can and will change it depending who we play. Cook can come in on the left and Jackson can be rested or moved in a bit. Waggy or Green can be bought in on the right and Pritchard rested or moved in. Both could come of the bench to firm things up.

Pritchard's increasing quality is truely amazing, what a man and what a footballer. C.ould not be more pleased for him, non league to the Championship, I bet he can't believe it himself. I have no doubts in his ability to learn and make the right side his own if that is what SCP wants him to do.

We don't need loans - we may not have the best players, but I doubt if there is a better team than ours. If a better midfielder becomes available so much the better, or any other player for that matter, but I am happy to be solvent and with our current team.
  • Options
    Also stephens' corners were spot on yesterday
  • Options
    Some of the comments on Pritchard being knackered are just plain wrong. He was charging around all first half and started the second half the same way. Powelly came out and told him to calm it when the game went 2-1 so he stopped rampaging forwards, looks very fit to me so certainly was not blowing out of his arse after 30 mins.
  • Options
    I thought Stephens was really impressive, much more so that his performances last season. Looked much more composed and hungry for the ball. I think this division will suit him much much more than League 1, so I'm looking forward to how he does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is way too much analysis on this board following a single game.
  • Options
    Mendonca said:

There is way too much analysis on this board following a single game.

Isn't that the point of CL? personally I like this stuff gets everone engagaed and exchanging views on the games etc.
  • Options
    Pritchard is a decent player. I like him but him and jj in same team causes problems. We drop deeper and there is no width which means there is no outlet ball.

Also get the those charlton glasses off as he is a long way off prem class and we will not struggle to keep him. I would say at present the only prem quality players we have r morrision and solly.
  • Options
    Reading those comments about the midfield, anyone would have thought we had a bad game. When infact we played an absolute blinder.
  • Options
    I think you will find that people are saying that he could become Premiership quality. You may not agree but for me he has the necvessary qualities that he has to hone a bit more. I would also add Wiggins to the two you have mentioned and there are a few who could develop into Premiership quality if all goes well.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    cafctom said:

Reading those comments about the midfield, anyone would have thought we had a bad game. When infact we played an absolute blinder.

Agreed but this involved defending resolutely for the last half an hour didn't it.

We didn't get the ball so we didn't get the chance to get the 3rd goal to kill off the game.

We still seem to put ourselves under undue pressure when we are winning.
    Not sure if this is an issue with the players or maybe the tactics but we always end up playing way too deep and simply inviting them to attack us, creating more and more pressure on our defence and midfield.

yes we won but there is some room for improvement
    .. there should always be.
  • Options
    I think that when you know you are strong defensively- and we must remember the whole team is responsible for this - you may be more inclined not to take risks. If you add to that the opponents deciding to take more risks - you can see why the tide can change and opponents suddenly start to attack more.

Ideally we would want the team to play in the same way throughout, irrespective of the score, but whilst it probably went against us at Birmingham - we won the game on Tuesday and who knows what would have happened if we were more open.

There is a blance and we also have to factor in that Leicester were a decent side in terms of pressing - where they were short IMO was quality in the final third. Whether that was just for this game or a more deep rooted issue I don't know but I thought their final ball was hit an hope where as ours were more penetrating and dangerous. I could understand why the team may have decided to hold what they had.
  • Options
    Thought Stephens was great in the first 45 (much like the first home game of last season) but doubt he can reach those heights consistently, whereas Hollands (although he is the main man) I thought looked not a sharp as he normally would (understandably) and will improve with fitness.