Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Upper Service

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    The Club obviously doesn't want the business as these are perennial complaints.

I don't bother even to try to buy food or drink at half time in the ground anymore.

Firstly prices are cynically marked up compared to other local outlets but, secondly and more importantly, why should I miss 10 or 15 minutes of the game I've paid to see because the Club does not respect me enough as a customer to ensure that it is possible to buy food and or drink during the time available at half time?

Stuff the Club! I'll go elsewhere for food and drink. If others did the same maybe, just maybe the Club would finally get the message.

However given the recent news regarding the departure of Rick Everitt perhaps I credit those allegedly running the Club with too much intelligence!

• Options
    How about an 'express lane' like thay have in some MacDonalds for people who want a pint and have the right money.
  • Options
    Do the Club train their bar staff at the Royal Oak?

Just asking like.
  • Options
    That's the other thing - why have countless tills with 'no alcohol' served signs on, with beer pumps next to them not being used?!
  • Options
    I agree Len, I gave up trying to buy items at HT years ago, its bad enough getting up the steps and queing for a piss never mind a pint and a pie.
  • Options
    The north upper on friday was awful. Got there early to beat traffic. Was in the ground by 6.45. I was the only person in the queue and it still took the girl 10 minutes to serve me. Unbelievable!!
  • Options

The north upper on friday was awful. Got there early to beat traffic. Was in the ground by 6.45. I was the only person in the queue and it still took the girl 10 minutes to serve me. Unbelievable!!

I find this unbelievable, if you are saying you were at the counter on your own and it took 10 mins to be acknowledged, asked what you want, serve it, take the money and issue change then something is seriously wrong, plus you must be mad for standing for it.
  • Options

I find this unbelievable, if you are saying you were at the counter on your own and it took 10 mins to be acknowledged, asked what you want, serve it, take the money and issue change then something is seriously wrong, plus you must be mad for standing for it.
    It took the girl 10 minutes to complete my order of a pie & a pint, a bottle of fosters, a bottle of Smirnoff ice & a bottle of coke. She didn't have a clue & had to keep checking with the woman in charge that she was pressing the right buttons on the till!! It was unbelievable. I swear it's getting worse!
  • Options
    They are hopeless. There was a small beer and pie kiosk in the north eastern bit of the NU, which wasn't too bad for getting served at. They shut it down when we fell out ofe the prem, which was daft as there was more or less the same number of punters. After that all the other queues got worse.

Was feeling bad about using other pubs so went back to Barts. After 30 minutes I resolved to restart my exile. Many of the punters are gormless too which doesn't help.
  • Options
    I Was in the North Lower on Friday and i have to say that it's laughable how they run the food and drinks counters.Was ridiculous and i agree with Len and maybe people should just not bother as no one at the club seems to be interested in doing anything about it.

Maybe just maybe force the issue instead of moaning don't bother buying anything, it's overpriced and a rubbish service to boot.

I Personally go for the football so it doesn't bother me but what a disaster.

To Sum it up towards the end of last season My Daughter fancied a hot dog and after waiting about 10 mins the guy in front of us ordered a hot drink only to be told that they had run out of cups, you couldn't make it up, they didn't have any hotdogs left either.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't face the wait for a beer and it's not that great anyway, so generally don't. Go with the kids and they always want something, and the Family Area kiosk is sometimes OK, sometimes not but they regularly don't have things. Like any hot drinks against the other night. With the queues and slow service, there's not enough time for queuing and having a piss.
  • Options
    I was fortunate enough to visit the Suncorp stadium in Brisbane back in April.... and whilst I know its a relatively new stadium, their whole retail operation puts us woefully to shame... specific beer points, you walked in one way, grabbed your pre-poured beers, and paid at one of the three paypoints on the way out... food was served to you in a sensible amount of time (2-3 mins), and they managed to bus 30,000 people away from the arena in under 30 mins...
  • Options
    @Bolton:

In another good move then the Club allow your to pre-order and pay for your half time drinks, before the game has kicked off, through the purchase of tokens. Thus making it quicker to get your hands on your interval liquid refreshments.
  • Options
    Badger said:

I Was in the North Lower on Friday and i have to say that it's laughable how they run the food and drinks counters.Was ridiculous and i agree with Len and maybe people should just not bother as no one at the club seems to be interested in doing anything about it.

Maybe just maybe force the issue instead of moaning don't bother buying anything, it's overpriced and a rubbish service to boot.

I Personally go for the football so it doesn't bother me but what a disaster.

To Sum it up towards the end of last season My Daughter fancied a hot dog and after waiting about 10 mins the guy in front of us ordered a hot drink only to be told that they had run out of cups, you couldn't make it up, they didn't have any hotdogs left either.
    going a bit off topic
    when my boy was about 6 we was in mcdonalds they told us there were no chips he said
    "its like having a swimming pool with no water in it"