Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricardo Fuller Squad Number

2»

Comments

• Options

7. He's just waiting for the current holder to sign for his new club

Your Green vendetta is a right bore. Don't know how a decent player can bother you so much.

Lighten up. Not me who agreed a £300k deal for him to go to Swindon

• Options

Salas and Zamarano for Chile at the World Cup, wasn't it?

In one day cricket, they allow single digit shirt numbers to be replicated with a zero on the front (e.g. 7 - Shaun Pollock, 07 - Herschelle Gibbs) Will football go down that road?

How long until someone's shirt number is "retired" like they do in the US?

It was Zamorano and Salas but it was for their club side Inter, Salas was 9 and Zamorano was 1+8
  • Options
    Personally don't agree with all this retiring of numbers. Now here's a dilemma................. A top quality international defender is available on a free transfer. West ham agree terms with him, but he insists he will only sign for them if he gets (Bobby Moores) No6 shirt and won't compromise on this.........................................
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Dunno. But now I'm not going to be able to stop thinking about it.

And with all that thinking offy , what have you come up with? :-0

• Options
    Stebo said:

wasn't there someone in Serie A a few years ago who really wanted the number 10 on their shirt, but it was already taken so there had 19 but there was a + in between on the back of his shirt to keep him happy... can't remember who it was.

Clinton Morrison did this while at (I think) Birmingham.
    Clinton Morrison is a prat

• Options

Personally don't agree with all this retiring of numbers. Now here's a dilemma................. A top quality international defender is available on a free transfer. West ham agree terms with him, but he insists he will only sign for them if he gets (Bobby Moores) No6 shirt and won't compromise on this.........................................

They'd say because he was a top class international he's someone finally fit to wear the shirt, I reckon.
  • Options
    Numbers should only be retired in exceptional circumstances IMHO. (Eg, number 23 at Man City in honour of Marc-Vivien Foe.)
    West Ham may argue that the England World Cup winning captain is exceptional circumstances, but I would disagree - they need to get over it.
  • Options

Numbers should only be retired in exceptional circumstances IMHO. (Eg, number 23 at Man City in honour of Marc-Vivien Foe.)
    West Ham may argue that the England World Cup winning captain is exceptional circumstances, but I would disagree - they need to get over it.

Especially as it took 34 years for them to retire it.
  • Options
    Ah, but west ham Did win the World Cup !
  • Options
    CafcCrazy said:

Oi...that's mine!! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    19 confirmed
  • Options
    JT said:

19 confirmed

there's 33 confirmed according to tuesday programme....................... :-D

• Options
    Just heard that Addicks new boy Ricardo Fuller has plumped for squad number 19 (MW) #cafc
  • Options
    source?
  • Options
    cafc official on Twitter
  • Options
    One of the Last numbers left or the age he first joined up with charlton ?
  • Options

7. He's just waiting for the current holder to sign for his new club

Your Green vendetta is a right bore. Don't know how a decent player can bother you so much.

Lighten up. Not me who agreed a £300k deal for him to go to Swindon

</

So are we saying that Green turned the move down?

• Options
    thanks
  • Options

Just heard that Addicks new boy Ricardo Fuller has plumped for squad number 19 (MW) #cafc

I think he was a big Paul Hardcastle fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcFFEjq5Ap8