Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell Press Conference

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Stick your updates in here

Comments

• Options
    Chris is running late but that's because he is speaking to some schoolchildren outside
  • Options
    CP, on Fuller: "I want him to bring his personality on the pitch and off of it. It's a real coup for us." #pressday (IL) #cafc
  • Options
    CP, on Fuller fitness: "It's a bit like Yann last year, who joined in September. We'll build him up slowly but surely." #pressday (IL) #cafc
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    My favourite answer from SCP so far:

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
    CP: "I know Ricardo is a personal friend of Usain Bolt, but I don't think we'll be seeing him at Sparrows Lane somehow" #pressday (IL) #cafc

• Options
    CP on Fuller's lack of match fitness: "It's highly unlikely he will be anywhere near our 18 for Hull."
  • Options
    What about Fuller's "lazy skills" and getting the fans on their foot? (Not sure what that means either...)
  • Options
    CP on Waggstaff

If he ever wears a Tranmere top again he can go train with the kids and will never play again, it was disrespectful and rightly picked up upon by our fans, Scott will make a formal appology on the pitch saturday before a burn the shirt ceremony in the centre circle." #pressday (IL) #cafc
  • Options
    the

CP on Waggstaff

If he ever wears a Tranmere top again he can go train with the kids and will never play again, it was disrespectful and rightly picked up upon by our fans, Scott will make a formal appology on the pitch saturday before a burn the shirt ceremony in the centre circle." #pressday (IL) #cafc

the people near me in the office are wondering why I'm giggling like a schoolboy
  • Options
    CP admits Leon Clarke may be allowed to move on if a suitable offer is received this month. #pressday (IL) #cafc

CP on Leon Clarke: "He is still training here and doing the right things everyday. He is being very professional." #pressday (IL) #cafc

• Options

CP on Waggstaff

Too right!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CP on Fuller: "We have a Premier League player in our midst and that will lift everyone." #pressday (IL) #cafc
  • Options
    CP: "Like all the players here, I don't think you are ever tired when you are getting results." #pressday (IL) #cafc

CP: "Hull played Wednesday, so that is an extra day for us, but this is Championship level and the fitness is higher." #pressday (IL) #cafc

CP on selection: "I have to look to see if they can keep the same intensity levels up. I'll have to decide quickly
  • Options
    #Pressday has finished for this week.
  • Options
    Top reporting by the Press team on Twitter ,big improvement and thanks Henry for posting on here which means I do not need to check Twitter.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Top reporting by the Press team on Twitter ,big improvement and thanks Henry for posting on here which means I do not need to check Twitter.

but you obviously did anyway ;)
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I'd love to know what @NewsShopper and the rest if the local hacks feel about it. Not really much point them attending if the club are just going to put all the main quotes out there first.

• Options

CP: "Hull played Wednesday, so that is an extra day for us, but this is Championship level and the fitness is higher." #pressday (IL) #cafc

Is the difference in fitness levels really that great in the professional game? You often here it in David Vs Goliath cupties, the smaller team are bound to tire out in the second half etc. I can understand that at a semi pro level, but why is it accepted that the higher you go in football, the fitter the players are?
    OK, so big teams maybe able to afford better training facilities, is that such a huge help in aerobic fitness?
  • Options
    I think the thing that does increase fitness levels is only the squad. Bigger teams have better back up players so they can rest one/two are not feeling fully fit. Another example would be in a tight game, where some teams will need to make changes but want their best players out, while the bigger clubs have better players to be able to make the changes comfortably. I agree that fitness levels shouldn't be miles apart though.
  • Options
    CafcCrazy said:

CP on Fuller's lack of match fitness: "It's highly unlikely he will be anywhere near our 18 for Hull."

Going by CP's recent porkies, that's Fuller nailed in for a start on saturday...........................................