Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer and Dean Kiely

2»

Comments

• Options
    I like him a lot, he has that crazy goalie thing going on, which i think is a good thing sometimes worrying but all good, said it myself against Sheff yoo last season you never know whats gonna happen but he is decent stopper, with great quick (when he needs to) distribution and is still only very young in GK terms. Top personality and he did properly rinse Gumbo yesterday on twitter haha, hows those railings son ;-)
  • Options
    Some moan when he is too fast and some moan when he's too slow - pretty sure he knows what he is doing and doesn't really need the extra coaching!
  • Options
    Think that his distribution is top rate. Always seems to go where he intended it. Those who say he should lay it off short and criticize him for not doing so should ask the question "what instructions has Powell given to him?" If the gaffer tells him to aim for yann then he does what he's told.......................
    cafctom said:

I reckon Hamer would be a top lad on a night out.

I'm sure he would for you, as I'm guessing you're closer to his age. Me on the other hand am more likely to be found sitting in the snug with his dad and a warm ale...................... :-)
  • Options
    Maybe i'll think Ben a better keeper than Deano in another 20 years but not now. That's because i'm fond of a little bit of nostalgia..
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I was urging him to slow it down at 2-1 - I thought everybody was- it was the obvious tactic in the circumstances..
  • Options
    Now I know how those Leicester fans felt. I said 1 thing about his rascal hair cut and he has a pop about my teeth
    ;)

Anyway a keeper has the hardest job on the pitch, they say you have to be crazy to be a keeper.
  • Options
    Sorry about the gap - my wifes fault - telling me about her day and distracting/boring me.
  • Options

He's a bruce grobelaar style keeper , we can all hide on the line and get beaten from distance and wherever else and moan at the defenders but hamer puts his cock in the custard and isn't afraid to get amongst it

Brilliant !

That's up there with "freaks".
  • Options
    Hamer makes the saves when it matters, and pulled off a great one at 2-1, stood big, and made a top 2 point saving save
  • Options
    Think it was mixed on Tuesday night about telling him to hurry up/slow down. 2-1 up. Pressure is on. Lads are probably knackered. 10 mins left. But as soon as wiggins I think it was, was in loads of space people were telling him to launch it out to the left as quick as poss. Just listen to the coaches Benny boy and use your noggin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

MattD said:

People go on about Hamer taking ages to start attacks and what not but if you look down the other end youl often see BWP and Yann waving there arms down telling him to slow the game down.

People were having a bit of a go Tuesday night because he wasn't getting rid of it quickly but we were 2-1 up. Surely the idea is to run the clock down rather not get it out as quick as possible?
    The people round me knew what he was doing and were worried that he was going to get a yellow for time-wasting.
  • Options
    Aren't keepers usually uner instructions from the Manager on how to distribute at various times during the game, depending on score and pattern?
  • Options
    Hamer has lots of potential and if he sticks with us then i have no doubt he'll achieve icon status. I just wish he kept the 'tash
  • Options
    The Guv'nor when it comes to the gloves.

There will never be another.
  • Options
    Assuming deano has watch a few of our recent games, I'd like to know what he thinks of Hamer.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Deano ended being a goalkeeling coach at charlton.
  • Options
    Believe he is the current goalkeeping coach at West Brom so wouldn't have seen too many of our games.
  • Options
    Hamer looks a totally different keeper to the one often flapping in the wind last season and I actually think his distribution is good as well (unfair to compare him to Schmeicel).

Its also unfair to compare him to Deano who was a top premiership keeper for 10 years.

Well done to Hamer and Ben Roberts for raising his game.

Still think he might drop the odd clanger but he is a bonkers keeper so will live with that.
  • Options
    A very fun loving, banter kinda lad. i like seeing his twitter banter with a few of the other players.
    Seems he will be about for a while as defo going to be a fans fav....any songs for him???
  • Options
    He made a brilliant 80 yard pass to feet out to the right (Pritch?) on Tuesday, but when we are under pressure I'd rather he roll it out to the full back than launch it. The FB can then launch it if no options but would be more likely to win a throw.
  • Options
    I like this original post as it promotes Hamer who is an undoubted prospect between the sticks and I am
    Excited to see him develop. But it does not compare him as yet to Deano as others have. Dean Keily was the difference between us challenging for top half of the Prem and bottom. He was consistent week in week out in the premiership, he didn't need to go for crosses because his reflexes were so good, he saved most headers that came from those crosses. Am keeping my fingers crossed that hamer gets somewhere near Deano because that will mean he has done an outstanding job with us for quite a few years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Deano's career at Charlton couldve been very different if Curb's had managed to get Antti Niemi from Hearts.