Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo playing really well for Liverpool vs Man city ...

2»

Comments

• Options
    A fair rating I had given him an 8 and then changed it to a seven

The thing that stood out to me was the ball never went to sterling as often as it could

This seemed very similar to what I used to see happen to Jon jo When he first broke through

Jon jo and Gerrard linked very well

• Options

se9addick said:

Not sure anyone's said anything which might lead you to believe they aren't "over it", but we produced a young lad who's gone onto play for one of the biggest teams in the world so I can't understand why you wouldn't be interested in his progress.

Wouldn't put Liverpool in that bracket. Mediocre prem team, nothing more.

;-)
    5 European cups and endless trophies in the UK, worldwide fanbase not something any other teams supporters would dream off :-)
  • Options
    Back to the thread. No Hollywood balls or dominance but Kop clearly warming to him and his clever control. Loudly cheered. I didn't think he would make it due to lack of pace but he is transformed. Woy needs to pick him now, along with Ince.
  • Options
    Lad was on another level today.

Just had a look at Liverpool's forum to see what they made of it, and they're all excited about him. Already ahead of Spearing, Adam and seemingly Henderson in the pecking order, and you can see why in a way.

If he can play that well against the champions, he can do it against anyone.

Has the talent; time will tell if he has the application. Love to see him do well though.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

A new Shelvey thread everytime he makes a performance for the bin dippers.

"He's gone. Get over it".......................................................................

Not sure anyone's said anything which might lead you to believe they aren't "over it", but we produced a young lad who's gone onto play for one of the biggest teams in the world so I can't understand why you wouldn't be interested in his progress.

For the record I actually think Jenkinson played really well for Arsenal earlier.
    I thought Jenkinson played well. He wouldn't get back in our team now though.
  • Options
    He might next week :-)
  • Options

Back to the thread. No Hollywood balls or dominance but Kop clearly warming to him and his clever control. Loudly cheered. I didn't think he would make it due to lack of pace but he is transformed. Woy needs to pick him now, along with Ince.

Ince? He signed for Blackpool permanently year.

Good to hear Jonjo is doing well.
  • Options
    He looked good just now on MOTD
  • Options
    Thought he played well. You can see the development in him from when he was with us. We all know he's got the technique, but I was impressed with his positional discipline today. Reckon he'll be out on loan to a Prem team in January and then starting games pretty regularly for Liverpool next season. Wigan would be a good place for him to go on loan as they'll pass it around like Rodgers will want him to (which he's more than capable of).
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Hodgson needs to look at young talent. JJS, Wiltshire, Ince not Lamps, SG, Barry even Parker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

Hodgson needs to look at young talent. JJS, Wiltshire, Ince not Lamps, SG, Barry even Parker.
    No Lampard, Gerrard, Parker or Barry? Wow.

• Options

se9addick said:

A new Shelvey thread everytime he makes a performance for the bin dippers.

"He's gone. Get over it".......................................................................

For the record I actually think Jenkinson played really well for Arsenal earlier.
    I thought Jenkinson played well. He wouldn't get back in our team now though.
    Not sure about that. He is going to be Arsenal's right back for the next couple of months and is quality.

I think in our current team he'd be very good indeed - certainly more of an attacking threat (a la Wiggins) than Lil Chris.

• Options
    He had a good game and nearly won it at the end with a howitzer shot that was just over the bar. He complemented Gerrard very well
  • Options
    Nearly scored, every pass found a team mate - didn't make any tackles though - think he had a slight knock which might have hindered him slightly. If i was his manager i'd be thinking that if i can improve his tackling, i'd have one hell of a player.
  • Options
    I only watched the first half. I didn't see anything special and to be honest couldn't work out what position he was playing. Not sure midfield 3 suits him but he wasn't dreadful and all his passes went to Liverpool players.
  • Options
    Didn't see anything special ...... and all his passes went to Liverpool players......erm

Not sure if manc knew where he was playing .... seems gerrard and allen did though!
  • Options
    thought both JJS and Jenks played well. Nice to see them doing well. Good luck to them both.
  • Options
    Good to see him do well, left respectfully unlike Parker/Jenkinson etc.
  • Options
    how did jenkinson not leave respectfully?
  • Options
    The Times gave Rodgers credit for refusing to let reputation cloud his judgement when it came to replacing Lucas (he had two £20m midfielders in Downing and Henderson also on the bench)

Clean slate for everyone it seems which is great new for Shelvey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE10 said:

From my memory Jenkinson left appropriately ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

SE10 said:

From my memory Jenkinson left appropriately, do you mean Murphy ?
  • Options
    I think Jenkinson left fine - said thanks to the club and the fans but it was a good move for him. Parker, Defoe and Murphy are the only three who I hate for the way they have left. I have even nearly forgiven Parker when he admitted he made a mistake in leaving.
  • Options
    Jenkinson also paid for the whole team last year...
  • Options
    Yes, we have every reason to be grateful to Jenkinson - doubt we would have done so well had he stayed.
  • Options
    Great player Jonjo, will be a superb player. Anyone notice his wrist clap? Couldt clap with his hands, smacked his wrists together.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Great player Jonjo, will be a superb player. Anyone notice his wrist clap? Couldt clap with his hands, smacked his wrists together.

he was rubbing his perfume together - so I'm told !!
  • Options

I think Jenkinson left fine - said thanks to the club and the fans but it was a good move for him. Parker, Defoe and Murphy are the only three who I hate for the way they have left. I have even nearly forgiven Parker when he admitted he made a mistake in leaving.

When did Parker admit he made a mistake leaving ?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    nobody i repeat nobody wouldn't of done what jenkinson did in his position and if you say you wouldn't you'd be lieing. I also think the fee we got for him we mugged arsenal and it paved the way for last years brilliant side.
  • Options

When did Parker admit he made a mistake leaving ?
    Id like to no to, as i have always said i could forgive him if he now said it was a mistake and should of stayed till the end of the season minimum.