Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would people be happy with this?

2»

Comments

• Options

Ah yer actually Fiorentina I saw as well - big team obviously. But if he comes home to London he could be in prem in two years time. Or go to Italy and be banned for match fixing in 2 years time!

Ha ha
  • Options
    MCS said:
    How adorable is the 2nd kitten?
  • Options
    Xavi would never leave Barca.
  • Options
    No to Luke young, he was and probably still is utter wank. No positional sense, ran around like a headless chicken and the only pass he ever played was the chip up the line into the channel before embarking on a little bit more headless chicken style running
  • Options

MCS said:
    How adorable is the 2nd kitten?
    reminds me of my old cat ....

• Options
    mrbligh said:

No to Luke young, he was and probably still is utter wank. No positional sense, ran around like a headless chicken and the only pass he ever played was the chip up the line into the channel before embarking on a little bit more headless chicken style running

really? I thought Young was an excellent right back for us.
  • Options
    Surprisingly Alot of people did......If he comes back you'll see what I mean!
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

I can't let that go unchallanged. Mr.B, please review the Spurs game and Young's contribution to the 2nd goal, one of the best in our Prem years, for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFIIGhnq-Xk
  • Options
    that really is a beauty of a cross. I thought he was a good defender and good going forward. Very good RB, and although he is now in his 30's, I still believe he would be good enough for the Championship with ease.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't dispute that he had some good games for us but I will have to stick to my guns on his headless chicken-esque positional play. From where I used to sit in the NU, directly behind the RB as we kicked towards the jimmy seed, you really saw everything he did. My whole block was onto him by the end!
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Is this real life?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    mrbligh said:

I don't dispute that he had some good games for us but I will have to stick to my guns on his headless chicken-esque positional play. From where I used to sit in the NU, directly behind the RB as we kicked towards the jimmy seed, you really saw everything he did. My whole block was onto him by the end!

He managed to play for England whilst with us so cannot have been that bad!

I liked him personally. He made the odd mistake yes but that goes with the territory as a defender. Overall he was one of our better players and deserves to be mentioned with John Humphrey and Billy Bonds in my own personal "best Charlton right back I've seen."

That said I would (now) rather keep Solly as Luke is in the autumn of his career.
  • Options
    I will be happy when this poxy window is closed and we know what the beep is going on and can move forward. always an awkward time, how can you plan for saturday's game when you don't who will be playing for you?
  • Options
    the window should definitely shut before the season starts, maybe even 31 July IMO
  • Options
    dave85 said:

I will be happy when this poxy window is closed and we know what the beep is going on and can move forward. always an awkward time, how can you plan for saturday's game when you don't who will be playing for you?

I'm pretty sure chris powell is in the know, if someone's leaving he'll be the first to hear
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm pretty sure chris powell is in the know, if someone's leaving he'll be the first to hear

agreed, but it has to be unsettling. agree with1990 it should be shut a month earlier.
  • Options
    Totally agree with that no way should the season be starting and the window be open still
  • Options
    But as different leagues start on different dates this is the best the footballing powers that be can comeup with ......
  • Options

Totally agree with that no way should the season be starting and the window be open still

The same could be said about the January transfer window. At least that was brought in and stopped transfers being made all the way till March.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm pretty sure all major leagues have started now.

Definately shouldn't be open after season starts.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Yes but not on the same dates which is where the problem lies

If all the european leagues starts on a set date then this will be fixed but i can't see that happening for years
  • Options
    Ross said:

The same could be said about the January transfer window. At least that was brought in and stopped transfers being made all the way till March.
    Jesus before the January window teams like United would just buy players through the season if any of theirs got injured or the players suddenly came good. So much better this way, only problem is got too many people wetting themselves about players leaving when really it doesn't matter as us the fans are the MOST important people at any club so if Solly leaves so be it, we will survie just like when Parker left, Jon Jo left and many others.
  • Options

se9addick said:

If all the european leagues starts on a set date then this will be fixed but i can't see that happening for years
    July 31st deadline would suit the majority of the leagues though.
  • Options

se9addick said:

That would involve conversations and agreement .... Stubborn so and sos these league officials !
  • Options

se9addick said:

That would involve conversations and agreement .... Stubborn so and sos these league officials !
    Ah right, well if it "would involve conversations" then it's clearly an insurmountable challenge which shouldn't be attempted.
  • Options
    can't have conversations. thats a taboo