Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Let's nominate Chris Powell for a gong

2»

Comments

• Options
    Well that's not true is it, that he's a nobody outside SE7? As I listed at the start, he is held in just as high esteem at the other clubs where he spent significant time, as he is here. And you dont get to be PFA chairman unless you are highly regarded by your fellow pros.
    I think my idea may be premature, but the strength of your aversion to it surprises me, and I don't get it.
  • Options
    A lot of footballers do give up their time- admittedly they have more free time but they give it up all the same. I would assume that since becoming a manager Chrissy has hardly any free time but he strikes me as the sort of bloke that gave it up when he had it.
  • Options
    Prague,

OK, what I should have written was outside of football not SE7, but I still say that a guy in his 40's who had an average footballing career, gained a few England caps because we were short of left backs at the time and is only 3 games into his second full season of management does not deserve a gong.

Everyone of us who supports Charlton would agree CP has transfomed our fortunes and if you snapped him in half he would have CAFC running through him, but he has a long way to go and a lot more service to put in before he gets a gong, in my books anyway.

That of course is in my opinion and your good self and others on here have voiced theirs.