Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Twitter and the gullible fans many have become

Read this from Twitter, and you thought FR was funny:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j322tm

Just goes to show how the need for constant news has warped the senses of fans everywhere that they would believe anything and anyone!! Good on the lad for breaking cover, ha ha!

Comments

• any chance someone could cut and paste the text
    (blocked at work .....)
  • edited August 2012

Hey Guys,
    I am writing to tell you that, no, I am not a 'Football Agent' or 'ITK.' I am infact an 18 year old and I have been fooling all of you gullible idiots with my fake stories for the past 2 months.
    I started out when I was bored one evening and I never once thought that I could get 43k followers. I feel my twitter experience has been very successful with some of my 'Stories' even trending 5th in the world. I'm proud to say that I haven't had even one transfer scoop in my time yet people still say im more reliable than Sky Sports News and the BBC. Laughable.
    Some of my personal highlights were the Kaka and Falcao stories which were completely made up. The Daily Mail even wrote an article based on my Kaka tweets and the 2 journalists who wrote it were following me. The Falcao story was possibly my favourite. Last night it was trending worldwide for over an hour and for over 3 hours in Spain and in the UK.
    Another fascinating thing about my time on twitter was how some top respected journalists believed my rubbish and even used me as a news source.
    Whilst I am here I can also point out there is no such thing as an ITK or Agent on twitter, anyone with an IQ in double figures would realise this. @Agent_NCP , @EPL_Source and @Agent_ITK are all just poor versions of myself who would be nothing without begging me for shoutouts. @Backpage is another clown who stole my fake stories everyday and passed them off as their own.
    Im not sorry for wasting everybody's time, you should have realised I was a fake when I got all of my stories wrong and deleted countless tweets. I still cant believe that, I, personally have been trending in Manchester, Leeds, Ireland, Nigeria and South Africa. Perhaps I do feel a bit sorry for the guy who got 'Falcao 20' printed on his Chelsea top.
    I have really enjoyed my time on twitter, especially winding up Everton and Tottenham fans on a daily basis. You idiots must have realised I was a fake when I linked your team with every player possible in the hope that one move would happen.
    My time has now come to and end and I hope to enjoy the last few days of the transfer window without making up rumours myself. Thank you to whoever followed me and retweeted my garbage, it was really appreciated. Goodbye Everyone

Regards, @FootballAgent49 (The Boss)
  • Hey Guys,
    I am writing to tell you that, no, I am not a 'Football Agent' or 'ITK.' I am infact an 18 year old and I have been fooling all of you gullible idiots with my fake stories for the past 2 months.
    I started out when I was bored one evening and I never once thought that I could get 43k followers. I feel my twitter experience has been very successful with some of my 'Stories' even trending 5th in the world. I'm proud to say that I haven't had even one transfer scoop in my time yet people still say im more reliable than Sky Sports News and the BBC. Laughable.
    Some of my personal highlights were the Kaka and Falcao stories which were completely made up. The Daily Mail even wrote an article based on my Kaka tweets and the 2 journalists who wrote it were following me. The Falcao story was possibly my favourite. Last night it was trending worldwide for over an hour and for over 3 hours in Spain and in the UK.
    Another fascinating thing about my time on twitter was how some top respected journalists believed my rubbish and even used me as a news source.
    Whilst I am here I can also point out there is no such thing as an ITK or Agent on twitter, anyone with an IQ in double figures would realise this. @Agent_NCP , @EPL_Source and @Agent_ITK are all just poor versions of myself who would be nothing without begging me for shoutouts. @Backpage is another clown who stole my fake stories everyday and passed them off as their own.
    Im not sorry for wasting everybody's time, you should have realised I was a fake when I got all of my stories wrong and deleted countless tweets. I still cant believe that, I, personally have been trending in Manchester, Leeds, Ireland, Nigeria and South Africa. Perhaps I do feel a bit sorry for the guy who got 'Falcao 20' printed on his Chelsea top.
    I have really enjoyed my time on twitter, especially winding up Everton and Tottenham fans on a daily basis. You idiots must have realised I was a fake when I linked your team with every player possible in the hope that one move would happen.
    My time has now come to and end and I hope to enjoy the last few days of the transfer window without making up rumours myself. Thank you to whoever followed me and retweeted my garbage, it was really appreciated. Goodbye Everyone

• Hey Guys,

• Hey Guys,

• Hey Guys,

• edited August 2012
    Now I like GreenWithEnvy's text ... and I like TheBrand09's text .. I like MCS's text ... I even like Addickted4life's text too
    .. and iainment's text ... and JT's text !!!

... but which is best ?
  • Clearly too much time on his hands....
  • FIGHT
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012

Hi Guys,

I HAVE really had to motivate myself to write this blog this week.
    The events of the weekend were so predictable it is boring just thinking about them.
    I wasn't able to make it to Hillsborough but I followed events via Twitter and Lions Player, and even though I was 200 odd miles away I could see that last minute sickener a mile off.
    It could have all been avoided though.
    By most accounts we looked pretty decent before we swapped the slick passing game that saw us see off Peterborough midweek and slice through Wednesday to take a 2-1 lead for unthinking hoof-ball.
    This was meat and drink for a club recently used to the rigours of League One and allowed Wednesday to build up a head of steam.
    Dave Jones even commented on setting out to stop our passing game.
    Well, we did it for him.
    It sounded like we went out in the second half to protect, rather than increase, our lead.
    I just hope we can learn from this and make sure this match will be remembered as one of those entertaining and open games that sometimes go for you, and sometimes go against you, rather than as a signifier for the rest of the season.
    More depressing than the last minute loss though was the even more predictable ramblings of the home fans.
    Fallen Yorkshire giants really should come with a health warning along the lines of 'Be prepared to be bored to death'.
    Talking to Leeds and Wednesday fans is like getting stuck on a table with the office bores at a wedding - you have to nod and smile at every utterance which confirms how brilliant they are.
    However, we must be even worse wedding guests because rather than nod and smile, we knock back the booze all night and eventually end up laying one on them in the car park.
    If you read Twitter in the aftermath of the game, you'd have thought the arrival of 1,300 Millwall fans is the most exciting thing to have happened in Sheffield since the premiere of The Full Monty.
    Although to be fair, having lived in Sheffield for two years I can see how it might be in the top five events of the last decade at least.
    I'll always remember telling my parents I was moving to Yorkshire, my mum couldn't believe I was actually going to live among northern people.
    To her credit she did visit though, although her summary was that it was a “bit depressing”.
    Anyway, by the end of the night Twitter had turned a smashed tram door into an epic tale of Viking-esque destruction.

Not that I want to trivialise vandalism, but the medieval lynch mob mentality which exists on the internet is just as ugly and destructive.
    According to these roving reporters, Millwall fans had pushed a police horse on top of two children, attacked a teenager who, depending on the righteous verve of the Tweeter, veered from being pregnant to blind or/and deaf.
    We also attacked an old man on a mobility scooter, or in some reports a disabled boy, later changed to a girl.
    It wasn't confirmed whether they were carrying a box of kittens to their nan's hospital bed or not.
    Basically, we were scum and it was a shame we were still around to cast a shadow on the otherwise beautiful game.
    Which is odd, well, for me anyway, having lived down the road from Bramall Lane and just off of the notorious London Road.
    Odd because I'd never seen so much football related violence in my life as I did when I was living in Sheffield.
    And I've been going to Millwall since the late 1980s.
    In fact, one of the very rare occasions I've seen fighting on the pitch was at Hillsborough a few years back when home fans, upset at being relegated, gave a few celebrating Palace fans a slap live on the BBC.
    So if the righteous of Twitter want us 'kicked out of the league' then I imagine they'd want Wednesday fans hung, drawn and quartered for that.
    And if our minor excursion caused such disdain among the natives, then the Sheffield derby must have really calmed down because the last time I was in the city for that, my mates and I were locked in a pub in the city centre for over an hour while the police tried to separate warring factions.
    This was before the invention of Twitter in the early 2000s though, so there was no platform for us to get into a hysterical state of public outrage, we just got quite drunk.
    Sheffield pubs are excellent.
    Oh well, as I say, it was all very predictable.
    Although one thing I certainly wouldn't have predicted was for the country's least congenial force, the South Yorkshire Police, to go to the trouble of issuing a Tweet to clear our name of horse killing, shop window smashing and wheelchair bashing.
    I guess miracles, like last minute defeats, do sometimes happen.

Regards, @Matt Little (The Boss)
  • Two months is about the same time he would have off from college for the summer so must be going back to that. Very funny though. Especially the Chelsea fan bit lol
  • Deary me. These are going to take forever to read
  • edited August 2012
    Sums twitter up, once you read one "twit" you read the bleeding lot
  • Absolutely brilliant
  • edited August 2012
    Brilliant, really showed up the internet nonsense and those lazy journalists.
  • What is Twitter?
  • What is Twitter?

A place for twits
  • Reminds me of last summer where everyone was spouting nonsense on Football Rumours on this forum. So I posted one on FR saying I was in the know and we were set to sign Adam Le Fondre for 1.5 million. Next thing I know, a few people have posted the rumour on the forum. I then said I made it up to prove the point of how foolish it was to think there was anything in what's on FR, and then someone said "Yeah but I think there really might be something in this Le Fondre one" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • If its on twitter it must be true.
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember last season...or was it the season before...I posted a rumour on FR that CP was looking to buy a French midfileder called Re D'Midland.....it passed their 'security' checks got posted.....then got picked up and put on here....I did own up...but jeez some of these people who pick up rumours on FR and twitter need to have a look at themselves!!
  • Maybe we'll sign him this transfer window Red? :-0

:)
  • 43k followers

:)
    Yes I've heard its a done deal......quickly followed by a new striking senation from the states............Seymour Butt!! ;-)
  • What is Twitter?

the bit inbetween the twat and the shitter.
  • dartonion said:

What is Twitter?

the bit inbetween the twat and the shitter.
    Lol thats class, i usually use 'Brink' for that, the bit between the brown and the pink!!
  • I Always thought it was called the gooch

Whatever it's called, it tastes funny.
  • The correct anatomical term is perineum.
  • the gooch or the biffon - to be gripped like a bowling ball.