Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

credit card balance transfers

edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
Wonder if anyone can help
have 2 credit cards both offering 0 percent
can i transfer the balance from 1 to 2 and the balance already on 2 to 1 after 1 to 2 has been done or will they pull the offer
cheers

Comments

• They normally charge about 3% for transfers.

Just take another 0% interest card and transfer the balances to that if you wish - at least you'll have another period of interest free.
  • The transfer fee is the killer. Several years ago you could do this for no fee at all.
    I know that credit cards are a fact of life for most people these days, but you really do have to very strong willed not to get screwed by these organisations.
    Most people have cash flow problems from time to time but I hate to consider the financial nightmare you can end up in.
    Switching to a nil balance transfer is better than one with 29% pa, but check the small print.
    We transferred a 'consolidation' balance transfer a few years back, and cut the card up, as it was % on existing balances , providing you did not have new purchases, and paid off the minimum. Somehow we managed that, so saved a fortune in possible interest charges.
    I would go along to the CA and get debt financial planning if you have can. It is free and unbiased.
  • cheers thanks for your replies
  • Thought this was a thread for the mysterons...