Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is going on at the lane

2»

Comments

• Options
    wow what is going on over there theyve had a bid for moutinho accepted 22m
    moutinho and dembele or modric and van der vaart im gonna go for the first two good business there
  • Options
    Yep seems like they got 2 good players there in replacement of 2 good players

Jenas deal fallen through

Dos santos off somewhere now
  • Options

You have to start to question the blokes sanity tbh

To be willing to allow players of van de vart to leave this late on deadline day is mental

van der vaart is over rated hard to accomodate him into a side very poor defensively i dont think theyll miss him quality signing was dembele
    Agree.

I really don't like Spurs but think it will be interested to see what AVB can do when he is allowed to build his own squad unlike at Chelsea. Seems the Moutinho deal has been agreed, excellent signing imo.
  • Options
    Oi Oi chaps, sorry took the day off today and have just sat down in front of my lap top.

Exciting times at WHL. Dont forget, Levy was never going to back Redknapp in the last three transfer windows when he was openly whoring himself for the England job and the fact that he could have ended up inside.

As much as I love vdV and I'm sad to see him go, its always been hard to accomodate him in the side. How many times did he last 90 minutes? Not many I can tell you.
    We was always going to lose Modric and it was always going to be how we was going to replace him but if (and its a big if) we get Moutinho, then we'll be more than ok.

AVB wants to play this 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-2-1 system and the signings we've made all fit in nicely.

As I said on the Button thread, Lloris was expected to sign. He's at the lodge now for a medical.
    Rumours abound that Levy wants his "Villa and Ardilles" moment...so a surprise may still be on the cards.

• Options
    Spent £45m this summer on 5 quality players.
  • Options
    Who did they get in the end
  • Options
    Oh and Sigurdsson too.
  • Options

Who did they get in the end

Got Lloris and about to confirm Dempsey tonight.
  • Options
    So Lloris, Vertongthen, Dembele, Dempsey, Sigursson and Adebayor this summer. Good signings.

Yes they'll miss Modric, but his mind was elsewhere, they had to just try to get the best price. Don't think VDV would have fitted into the way they'll be looking to play.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Dempsey to Spurs for 6 Million. Confirmed. That's a bloody steal. Liverpool must be gutted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What happend with moutinho

• Options
    Looks like Moutinho has fallen through though
  • Options

Dempsey to Spurs for 6 Million. Confirmed. That's a bloody steal. Liverpool must be gutted.

Levy is canny. £8m for Lloris is a steal too.
  • Options
    Title should've been what has happened at anfield

Shipped out loads got no one in
  • Options

Title should've been what has happened at anfield

Shipped out loads got no one in

Yup they've had a nightmare. Apparently Dempsey really wanted to go to Liverpool, but they would only offer 4mill. Madness.
  • Options
    They lost

Adam
    Carroll
    Lucas (4 months )
    He has virtually told cole and downing they won't play

Another man at the helm out of his depth

Did rogers ever play pro football
  • Options
    If Suarez gets injured (or banned again!) then they have Borini, and Morgan (a youth player) as attackers...
  • Options
    I do feel a little sorry for Rodgers, as King Kenny made some awful buys. But he was stubborn over Carroll so they lost a striker for a 1 million loan fee. They are saving 5 million in his wages apparantly so you think they could have stretched to a striker signing. I think Rodgers liverpool career will depend on how Borini does really.
  • Options
    It would have been a surprise for Dempsey to go to Liverpool after they signed Nuri Sahin on loan.
  • Options
    He is a dead man walking

They play the goonershite tomorrow I think both really let the fans down signing wise

Going to enjoy watching it as I think it's live on sky if not it will be the game I pick on football first

Life ain't that bad with us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldnt be so sure that the Moutinho deal is off just yet. Levy is still at the lodge...

You seriously have to wonder about the bin dippers. We got Dempsey for £6m and you're telling me they couldnt match it? Ridiculous. Unless Huddlestone and/or Kane goes the other way I suppose.
  • Options

Spent £45m this summer on 5 quality players.

...and recouped more than £45m.

• Options
    cafctom said:

AVB clearly hasn't learned his lesson.

Quite the opposite I think. He tried to change the guard at Chelsea but let the old soldiers stay around and cause trouble.

This time he's bringing in his own troops but making sure the last sergeants men are well away from the place.

Personally think Spurs and Arsenal have had the best transfer window and that Liverpool will surprise a few once things settle down. With Everton starting well and Citeh, Utd and Chelsea all scoring and conseding for fun it could be a very open and exciting premiership season.