Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Max Bygraves

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
Gone

RIP Max!

Comments

• Options
    To be honest, I thought he died years ago.

rip
  • Options

To be honest, I thought he died years ago.

rip

Nah, died last night.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Sad, nice bloke. RIP Max.
  • Options
    No more stories from Max. He had a good innings though.

RIP
  • Options
    His sister lives over from me.. will pass condolences.. :(
  • Options
    His Mum used to live in Welling.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Max, feels like he has been around forever.
  • Options
    RIP Max. A real name from my childhoold
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My old nan used to love Max. Always seemed like a nice fella.

RIP
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    Saw him at The London Palladium when I was about Ten,real name William took Max from Max Miller.
  • Options
    RIP Max, he was pwoper, despite his TV image.
  • Options
    I'm shocked!

Thout he died 10 years ago!
    #harshwordsfromthepub
  • Options
    RIP Max.....you outlasted a lot of your peers....and was a gentleman to boot......god bless Sir.
  • Options
    "SingalongaMax", my dad had all the albums..................................used to drive the rest of us mad!

Mind you, my mum had all the Englebert Humperdick ones so I shouldn't complain.
  • Options
    I'll tell you a story. Max is dead. RIP.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Remember him on 'Educating Archie' (ventrilaquism on radio!) in the early fifties: his catch phrare then was 'I've arrived and to prove it I'm here'. Also his toothbrush song was always on Children's Favourites on Saturdays and had a big hit with 'Fings ain't what they used to be'. Terrific all-round entertainer and a nice bloke. Thanks Max, RIP.
  • Options
    89 years old.

Suffered from Alzheimers disease for the past 2 years and died in Australia, after emigrating there in 2005.

And did I mention that his Mum lived in Welling?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP

I think in Football supporting terms he was a Spanner .
  • Options
    It was that 'Gilly gilly horse and pepper catch a nelly bogus by the sea' that I loved as a young child. (Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellen Bogen by the Sea)
    RIP Max.
  • Options
    You need hands....
  • Options
    RIP Max
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

89 years old.

Suffered from Alzheimers disease for the past 2 years and died in Australia, after emigrating there in 2005.

And did I mention that his Mum lived in Welling?

Northdown Road, just along from my Uncle Charlie and Auntie Kit.

He was a great entertainer, very funny and a very easy manner on stage. Saw him a number of times. A South London Cockney, they do exist!
  • Options
    RIP

Yes, lived in Welling and my nan knew his mum.
  • Options
    His mum lived in the same street as my friends. You occasionally saw his Roller parked when he was on a visit.

It's amazing how successful the Singalongamax albums were. You couldn't go to a wedding in the 70s without the DJ playing Max.

RIP
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Saw him sing live in Bournemouth sometime in the mid 70's, wife actually met him (from the same area and both attended St Josephs primary school, in Paradise Street, Rotherhithe) when he gave out some awards. He lived on Brownsea Island for a while before moving out to Australia....RIP Max.
  • Options
    Legend .. you need hands ... RIP
  • Options
    Tulips from Amsterdam is the one I remember .

I have the same memories as March 51. Saw him at the Granada , Dartford and at The Palladium as Buttons in the 50's.

Always came across as a good , genial fella and gave pleasure to many people (?)

RIP