Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Now confirmed - Nike to make England kits till 2018

I think it was mentioned on the CAFC new kit thread, but FA have confirmed Nike will be supplying kits and balls to all levels of England team from Spring 2013 when new 150th anniversary kit is to be launched.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    could be a good deal, thought nike did a great job with frances kit at the euro's ( not 100% sure they made it but it was a sexy kit) + we don't have to see that awful goalkeeping kit again
  • Options
    Well technically Nike already produce our kits anyway as they own Umbro.
  • Options
    Will they get some noddy mob to produce the kids ones?
  • Options
    Recent Umbro kits > recent Nike kits
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    When Nike bought Umbro several years ago they tried to make the England kit. However, Umbro dug there heels in so fair play to the man at the top at the time.......I wonder where that man is working now..?
  • Options
    So Umbro have been making England kits since the 1950s?

I would have bet my life that Admiral made them from 1974 to 1982! I even had the World Cup 1982 Replica shirt - my favourite England shirt.
  • Options

I would have bet my life that Admiral made them from 1974 to 1982! I even had the World Cup 1982 Replica shirt - my favourite England shirt.

They have indeed and you are also correct about Admiral. I think that that quote is just a bit of spin, after all they are not telling lies.
    I am pretty certain that the 66 shirts were made by Umbro.
  • Options
    1952-1973 and 1984-2013 Umbro, 1974-1983 Admiral.

Just please go back to a red away kit please!
  • Options
    Spankie said:

1952-1973 and 1984-2013 Umbro, 1974-1983 Admiral.

Just please go back to a red away kit please!

Yes Please!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:

They have indeed and you are also correct about Admiral. I think that that quote is just a bit of spin, after all they are not telling lies.
    I am pretty certain that the 66 shirts were made by Umbro.
    “I would also like to place on record our gratitude to Umbro and their significant contribution to the game, The FA and England teams, over a 60-year period.”

This is probably not exactly true though. I agree with what you say, but they are certainly setting out to imply that Umbro have made all the kits for the whole period, and that is a little harsh on Admiral who made, I believe, the best England kits of the whole period. The 1966 Final aside (special because of the occasion) none of the Umbro kits were as good, in my opinion, as the Admiral kits.
  • Options
    Your right kings hill. I think Umbro have only managed to make a couple of decent kits (in my opinion that is) and the rest have been rubbish, especially the last 5 or 6 efforts

Anyway, let's see how Nike get on!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Nike kits this year are shite, look at manures home kit, barcelonas kits, the way they've ruined PSG's kits, and the half arsed kit we've got this year.

I'd rather some random brand like Carbrini made it, at least a small chavvy company would fit in with 90% of the bellends that wear it abroad and to walk around shopping centres in
  • Options
    Excellent, more work for the sweatshop workers, more profits for Nike and the FA, and no doubt rip off prices for the public.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Nike kits this year are shite, look at manures home kit, barcelonas kits, the way they've ruined PSG's kits, and the half arsed kit we've got this year.

I'd rather some random brand like Carbrini made it, at least a small chavvy company would fit in with 90% of the bellends that wear it abroad and to walk around shopping centres in

I suspect we will be ok. The issue with the likes of Man Utd, I believe, is more to do with them running out of ideas to make the kit look different from the last one. Hopefully the first few England kits will be basic and tasteful. Chances are that we will be on the third or forth incarnation before they change out colours and design to something we don't like.
  • Options
    United's away kit, is one of the best I've seen in a long while, so Nike can still make a decent kit when they try
  • Options
    Bought a lovely england home shirt after the euros,Just a fiver.. buffs the car up a treat.....
  • Options
    England's brand new black Nike away kit for 2016. http://bit.ly/ENG-Kit
  • Options
    It looks like a Man City away shirt.
  • Options
    I actually like it as a kit but England's away kit should be red.

Didn't we wear sky blue in Mexico 1970?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Really do like that black and gold look to be honest but as @WayneK says... the England away shirt should be red
  • Options
    Red seems right, but I don't mind this.
    It's certainly better than this monstrosity...
  • Options

Red seems right, but I don't mind this.
    It's certainly better than this monstrosity...

I can just about see that kit
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I like the black kit although apparently it is a fake.
  • Options
    Looks very German
  • Options
    I would love it if it meant the home kit was changing to red
  • Options

Looks very German

the same was said for the last nice kit we had...it didnt last long.
  • Options
    Yer it's been confirmed to be a fake.

I know third kits are little more than opportunistic marketing ploys to sell more shirts, and if they were to introduce one Nike and the FA would get stick, but I would enjoy seeing an England third kit. The home & away should always remain white and red respectively but I've enjoyed the variations of our navy, light blue and grey kits. Not to forget that in 1973 we had a very unsuccessful stint in a yellow third strip.

• Options