Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moldova vs England - Friday night.

Any other Charlton on here making the trip to Europe's poorest Country? If so what are your plans? 5 of us going Wednesday morning via a couple of nights in Bucharest.
Should be a decent trip (£6 a ticket, 30 degrees, nice women and cheap as chips beer!) and you would expect us to do the business - bonus being no Rooney!!

P.S. - If anyone has been to Bucharest before, any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Is it a friendly?
  • Options
    Not going but:

Bucharest - vastly improved over the last decade, roaming packs of dogs largely consigned to the past. With communism going, money has moved in. Plenty to see. Can't recall drinks being particularly cheap / expensive in the centre. Decent bars / clubs. Should have a good time.

Don't think you can get a train to Chisinau but the bus from memory is about 6 hours incuding the border. May need to avoid travelling through Southern Moldova, I would check this before travelling, in any event you can do the journey & avoid going through certain areas.

Chisinau- relatively poor by western standards, but certain people can afford expensive cars. The police have a reputation, can't remember the issue, check in a guide book, could save you money and hassle. Easy enough to find places to eat & drink.
  • Options
    No - World Cup.
  • Options
    1st Qualifier for the 2014 WC Woodsy.

Cheers Sheffield - appreciated.
    We are booked on a coach from Bucharest to Chinasu for the game. Been told 6-8hrs each way. Think there are overnight trains now as a few mates are booked on one, but had enough of the sleepers in Ukraine in the summer!!

Cheers.
  • Options
    Nope not going mate as can't get the time off which is probably a good thing as I can't afford!

Have a good one pal.
  • Options
    I went to Bucharest recently - my one and only visit. It's quite a nice city from what I saw in two days. The Old Town area has plenty of bars and restaurants selling food/beer at decent prices. The Romanians seemed to be very serious people but your opinion changes once you hit the Old Town area.
  • Options
    Friday is my birthday and i'm getting bolloxed for the night with Bob Weston - builder of the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

I dare say we'll have it on TV though
  • Options
    Have a good time!
  • Options
    Well at this rate we may not even be going now that Lufthansa have gone on strike again, canceling 200 flights today. We fly with them via Frankfurt tomorrow at 9.45am, so it's not looking too clever at the moment.
  • Options
    Get a kebab in Bucharest, best I've ever tasted!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went out there in '96, bit of an eye-opener of a place then. Just looked up a match report...Ince setting up Gazza, I loved those England days !

A few mates are going out but I'm saving my hols for Poland as I've never been to Warsaw despite three trips over there.

Good luck with the flights.