Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Messi Overated?

Messi is brilliant in la liga and also for argentina in world cup qualifiers, however when he played in world cup 2006 and 2010 he didnt perform and hasnt perfromed against english clubs in cl. so does anyone think he would still b as good in premier league ??

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmm.....
  • Options
    RobbieT said:

Hmmmm.....

You mean wum......

• Options
    No
  • Options
    Scored over 255 goals , yeah he's rubbish.
  • Options
    Yes is the answer.........................far too short to get in our team.
  • Options
    Yes and Pacino cant act , Elvis couldn't sing and Frankel is a shit race horse.
  • Options
    No, Messi IS the bollocks....
  • Options
    Hasnt performed against English clubs? I guess your excluding the 4 goals against Arsenal Yeah?
  • Options
    You can't be serious. He actually has the ability to score when he wants.
  • Options

Hasnt performed against English clubs? I guess your excluding the 4 goals against Arsenal Yeah?

Think he scored a worthless header against United in the Champions league final as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Flawed argument against best player ive ever seen
  • Options

Well you got 1 of those correct
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Well you got 1 of those correct
    Rubbish Colt, that horse is bloody fast...........................

• Options
    In comparison to Clarke yep messi is overrated
  • Options
    By far and away the most technically gifted footballer I've ever seen. I will be amazed if anyone comes along in the next 20-30 years who is anywhere near as good as him.
  • Options
    i think he's brilliant.

BUT whenever he's on tv i turn the sound off. Commentators with their pants down over him wind me up.
  • Options
    He would struggle to get on our bench....;o)
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

we do have it set quite high
  • Options
    Messi, Green or Waggy?
  • Options
    Scored 4 v Arsenal
    Scored twice in UCL finals v Man U
    Scored something like 75 goals in all comps last season
    Yes overrated and never produces v English sides
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best player the world has ever seen IMHO.
  • Options
    The question is whether he would be as good in the Premier League as he is in La Liga.

I'm pretty sure he would be, but he'd have to take a few more robust challenges (& he does get rough treatment in La Liga too)
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Solidgone said:

we do have it set quite high
    Parky wouldn't have been able to find a position for him anyway ;-)

• Options

The question is whether he would be as good in the Premier League as he is in La Liga.

I'm pretty sure he would be, but he'd have to take a few more robust challenges (& he does get rough treatment in La Liga too)

Disappointed you didn't follow it up with, "could he do it on a wet and windy Tuesday evening in Stoke?"
  • Options

i doubt he would be as good as he is in la liga due to the higher quality of the premier league this is shown by cristiano ronaldo who was less successful however if he did play over here i have no doubt he would be the best player in the league
  • Options

i doubt he would be as good as he is in la liga due to the higher quality of the premier league this is shown by cristiano ronaldo who was less successful however if he did play over here i have no doubt he would be the best player in the league
    Chelsea definitely showed last week the Premier League is of a higher quality to La Liga
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Chelsea definitely showed last week the Premier League is of a higher quality to La Liga
    But not when Barcelona couldn't beat them over two legs ...
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

RobbieT said:

Hmmmm.....

You mean wum......

Yep, reckon so and I think someone else has already done this thread too to get the reaction we're getting now but still people can't help get drawn into it.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

But not when Barcelona couldn't beat them over two legs ...
    Sort of my point as well. Annoys me so much when someone says Premier League is a better standard than La Liga or vice versa. I don't think anyone could definitively say at the moment which is better. Both have different syles, both have different players. Yes each league may be suited to a certain type of player does that mean one or the other is a lower standard than the other?
  • Options
    He would still be top scorer in the premiership, probably not as many but still will be the best player in the world and likely ever!