Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Clarke Duncan

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
Gone

The Green Mile one of me favourite films, mainly because of the excellent performance from Michael Clarke Duncan.

RIP Big Man!

Comments

• Options
    his performance is green mile was amazing. Top bloke and top actor RIP
  • Options
    Yeah,great film and great performance..RIP
  • Options
    Is this the big black fella?
  • Options

Is this the big black fella?

Yep...RIP Big Man
  • Options
    Jeez, 54 is no age... RIP
  • Options
    Goodness me...........cant believe he has gone.......as others have said his performance in the Green Mile was just amazing...a true gentle giant...........RIP sir
  • Options
    nice man by all accounts, only started acting when he was in his thirties.

The Green Mile was a great film.

RIP.
  • Options
    Was just watching him the other night in a new series...The Finder. Absolutely brilliant in The Green Mile.

RIP big man.
  • Options
    Blimey... did not expect that. As everyone else has said, RIP MCD.
  • Options
    RIP, haven't seen the Green Mile but he was hilarious in Armageddon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    excellent performance in Green Mile RIP
  • Options
    Great film, great actor, Armageddon too, another great performance.

Clever people on here (mostly) but did you all get the John Coffey/JC/Performing miracles references in Green Mile?
  • Options
    Ah gutted when i heard this.

Was it a heart attack? can imagine he put is body under all sorts of stress when bulking up for films.

He was brilliant as John Cofie in Green Mile. RIP.
  • Options

Ah gutted when i heard this.

Was it a heart attack? can imagine he put is body under all sorts of stress when bulking up for films.

He was brilliant as John Cofie in Green Mile. RIP.

He had a heart attack about 7 weeks ago, has been in hospital since. Sad news, great actor and great guy from what I've read about him in the past. RIP big guy.

• Options
    Just reading about that cafcpolo...apparently his girlfriend gave him CPR and resucitated him.

Also a bit about him being a bodyguard to some big stars in his early years in Hollywood. Apparently he got out of that work after letting a friend take over looking after Notorious B.I.G the night he was shot.

Did a helluva lot of animation voices...perfect for that sort of work. The sort of deep, rich voice you always remember.
  • Options
    Sat and watched The Green Mile with my daughter the other week as i'd bigged it up to her. No matter how many times i see it, i always end up with watery eyes. His performance was outstanding. Rest in peace big man.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

RIP, haven't seen the Green Mile but he was hilarious in Armageddon.

Watch it . It's an amazing movie .
  • Options
    One of my all time favourite films.

RIP Big Man
  • Options

Sat and watched The Green Mile with my daughter the other week as i'd bigged it up to her. No matter how many times i see it, i always end up with watery eyes. His performance was outstanding. Rest in peace big man.

I went to the cinema with my ex girlfriend and her parents to watch it and ended up blubbing like a girl. They were all ok but I got absolutely engrossed in the film and his performance was outstanding.

I still refuse to watch it again

RIP big fella

• Options
    Great film that...RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stunning performance from him in a great film. I tell you, The Green Mile just highlights what an amazing storyteller Stephen King is. People think he just writes dark horror stories and that couldnt be further from the truth.
  • Options
    RIP Michael.
  • Options
    Fantastic film , Legend actor big fella. Feel very sad.....
  • Options
    RIP big man.

Yes, The Green Mile is one of my favorites.
  • Options
    One of those proper shockers if you weren't aware of the heart attack last month. Everyone who ever met the guy thought he was a top guy. Genuinely pleasant to deal with, possibly, because he found fame relatively late in life. Wasn't a celebrity until he was in his 40s and was thankful for what was coming his way. He used to be a bodyguard for celebs until a rapper (I forget which one) was shot, so he got out of that business. Owed a lot to Bruce Willis who championed him after Armageddon. He sucked as Kingpin though that wasn't much his fault! Real shame. He had a lot more to offer.

• Options
    See my post above Jimmy. He was bodyguard to Notorious B.I.G until letting a friend take a shift one night. Turned out to be the one that BIG was shot.

Think you have him spot on. Always seemed very humble as the fame came late in his life & he had worked hard to get there. Will be sadly missed.
  • Options

Yes me too! Quite simply a remarkable story, by a superb storywriter and brilliantly acted. RIP Big Fella.
  • Options
    RIP big guy
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

See my post above Jimmy. He was bodyguard to Notorious B.I.G until letting a friend take a shift one night. Turned out to be the one that BIG was shot.

Sorry! Was posting on train post-beers. That's a mad story. Glad he dodged a bullet, quite literally.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    JiMMy 85 said:

TelMc32 said:

Sorry! Was posting on train post-beers. That's a mad story. Glad he dodged a bullet, quite literally.

No worries mate. You can well imagine him being a bodyguard and just as well imagine that he would be so affected after an incident like that.