Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace discount offered to south alliance teams.....

Just been sent details of an offer from the above league, as I am the chairman of a local club......

For the first time ever Crystal Palace are offering fantastic group ticket discounts to groups of 20 or more. Group Tickets are hugely discounted and allow you not only to watch Championship football for as little at £7 but also each group booking will receive money can’t buy incentives like Guard of Honour duties. For a limited period only the club are also offering any group ticket organiser a free signed ball, not only a priceless memento for a Palace fan but also a great way to raise funds in an annual raffle. For more information on group tickets please contact me on sharon.lacey@cpfc.co.uk.

Having just purchased 7 tickets for the palace game at the valley at full price do CAFC offer any such discounts.
As I have a few lapsed Charlton season holders ( because they play Saturday) be interested in a midweek game to bring the team and there guests down at this type of price.
If someone at Charlton want's to organise a counter offer, I will pass this on to the league sec, as well..........

Also noticed.........
Events at Selhurst Park
For all events booked in September we are waiving the room hire and charging only 'cost prices' for the rooms. As long you book in September regardless when your event takes place there will be no fee for room hire!

Comments

• Options
    Aren't South London Alliance games played on Saturday afternoons?
  • Options
    Urgh ! I feel dirty just reading that
  • Options

yes

• Options
    Sounds a lot like desperation to me.
  • Options
    a short step away from the Press Gang.
  • Options
    Well, they've tried Eagles Express (failed). Tried advertising in Greenwich (failed). What makes me think this is a fail as well. Who wants to 'kin go and watch Palace in any case
  • Options
    Ha Ha, love it.
  • Options
    Sound like a good idea tbh, shame it is over in that hole, but I guess its a clever marketing tool. I'd do if CAFC had a same type of idea 20 Charlton lifer in full cafc kits going a guard of honour :)
  • Options
    Can just picture the scene in the changing room at Eltham Town. 'Alright lads, we're not playing in the cup this year so we can take advantage of an offer at Selhurst Park, home of the Palace Ultras'.
  • Options
    Palace are a joke club, that simple
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

correct..... which is why I am the chairman not the manager, and mentioned the midweek games.
    Personally I would not go if it was free, but a clever marketing wheeze.
    In the past Charlton have been very generous to junior football clubs with tickets, never enquired about a senior team though.
    I can see more of a connection with the Bromley and District, as it covers areas like Addiscombe with several younger teams.

• Options

correct..... which is why I am the chairman not the manager, and mentioned the midweek games.
    In the past Charlton have been very generous to junior football clubs with tickets, never enquired about a senior team though.
    I can see more of a connection with the Bromley and District, as it covers areas like Addiscombe with several younger teams.

Is it "clever" though Ken, offering tickets to people who you know are generally tied up doing other things (i.e. playing football!) when you play the majority of your home games? Sounds a bit ill conceived to me.

Sunday league teams - different story.

• Options
    Off_it said:

Is it "clever" though Ken, offering tickets to people who you know are generally tied up doing other things (i.e. playing football!) when you play the majority of your home games? Sounds a bit ill conceived to me.

Sunday league teams - different story.

Seeing as I read in a Chairman's column in the programme that they are concerned about the poor turnouts in midweek games (with no mention to saturdays) I think it is clever. Don't want to just give tickets away for adult tickets on Saturdays where we get an OK turnout - but willing to give discounts to kids in order to get them along when it isn't a school-night. But use the group booking offer for midweek games with a general trend for lower crowds.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I think anything that promotes sales has to be considered for financial reasons,
    As we (CAFC) only play 3 sat games up until the end of October at home, plenty of games that could shift those midweek ticket games ( palace aside)
    I am not saying this is going to have a mass appeal, but you are talking to people that play football, so have an interest in the game.
    Most of these clubs have several junior teams, as well.
    If Charlton want to offer me a free room for a social event, plus tickets for midweek games @ £7 a go for midweek games, I will have some of that.
    Taking a party of 10 down there for the palace game, (as I did for the MK Dons last season tickets @£25 a go)
    I appreciate that game is a bit special. Let me see if anyone can be as 'clever' at CAFC
  • Options

Taking a party of 10 down [the Valley] for the palace game, (as I did for the MK Dons last season tickets @ £25 a go)

.... Palace selling tickets @ £7 a go ...

Let me see if anyone can be as 'clever' at CAFC

• Options

I think anything that promotes sales has to be considered for financial reasons,
    As we (CAFC) only play 3 sat games up until the end of October at home, plenty of games that could shift those midweek ticket games ( palace aside)
    I am not saying this is going to have a mass appeal, but you are talking to people that play football, so have an interest in the game.
    If Charlton want to offer me a free room for a social event, plus tickets for midweek games @ £7 a go for midweek games, I will have some of that.
    Taking a party of 10 down there for the palace game, (as I did for the MK Dons last season tickets @£25 a go)
    I appreciate that game is a bit special. Let me see if anyone can be as 'clever' at CAFC

Sorry Ken but that is really unfair.

Charlton are way, way ahead of Palace and most other clubs in terms of the range of offers and how long we have been doing these offers so "clever" comes over as a bit insulting IMO.

Just think back to last season and the football for a fiver offers, the jackson five, the £10 tickets for ST holders to buy from friends and that ignores the deals done with junior clubs, schools, etc.

Not saying that nothing new can be learnt or tried but I know that different ideas and approaches are discussed all the time. This season the Club is trying the "perfect pair". It may or may not address the issue of smaller midweek crowds but the SLA offer from the Glaziers seems ill thought out as, as people have said, it's an adult Saturday league.

Maybe the reason that Palace are offing cheap (not free) rooms is because they are selling them whereas the lounges at Charlton are much busier.

• Options

Sorry Ken but that is really unfair.

Charlton are way, way ahead of Palace and most other clubs in terms of the range of offers and how long we have been doing these offers so "clever" comes over as a bit insulting IMO.

Just think back to last season and the football for a fiver offers, the jackson five, the £10 tickets for ST holders to buy from friends and that ignores the deals done with junior clubs, schools, etc.

Not saying that nothing new can be learnt or tried but I know that different ideas and approaches are discussed all the time. This season the Club is trying the "perfect pair". It may or may not address the issue of smaller midweek crowds but the SLA offer from the Glaziers seems ill thought out as, as people have said, it's an adult Saturday league.

Maybe the reason that Palace are offing cheap (not free) rooms is because they are selling them whereas the lounges at Charlton are much busier.

Not meant as an insult Henry, and I responded to the remark of a previous poster, and the logic of writing to Saturday team's, as not all football is played on a Saturday, either at Charlton , or in the South Alliance.
    Yes, Charlton do an excellent amount of work in this regard.
    I personally feel that this is a good marketing idea, albeit from the 'enemy'......
    As you know, I have used CAFC's excellent services as a fan/manager/etc, and will be doing again at the palace game, and hopefully in the future.
    Sometimes, even palace have a half decent idea, worth considering perhaps?
    If nothing else it shows how clubs are marketing there games.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    In fact, Palace are just offering a version of what we do already. We have been doing group tickets for parties of 20 or more since 2004/05, at Premier League, Championship and League One level. The original price was £10, in League One it was £5 and now it is £8 (which is probably why Palace is £7). Fulham also followed us.

The difference is that we also offer coach travel, however with or without that there has never been very much local take-up, so I suspect Palace will struggle. At the peak we were selling 20,000 tickets a season in this way, which would have been more if we had not excluded the most attractive games.
  • Options

In fact, Palace are just offering a version of what we do already. We have been doing group tickets for parties of 20 or more since 2004/05, at Premier League, Championship and League One level. The original price was £10, in League One it was £5 and now it is £8 (which is probably why Palace is £7). Fulham also followed us.

The difference is that we also offer coach travel, however with or without that there has never been very much local take-up, so I suspect Palace will struggle. At the peak we were selling 20,000 tickets a season in this way, which would have been more if we had not excluded the most attractive games.

Wished I had known that Airman..... I will have to take you up on this offer on a midweek game for 20 tickets. If I had known this I would have bought 20 for palace and donated 10 towards Henry's auctions...... Good to hear that they are copying CAFC's idea. Did you mention throwing in a coach as well?......

• Options
    Used to have a team in that league back in the early 90's, Fisher United, an old works team from Lewisham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

Used to have a team in that league back in the early 90's, Fisher United, an old works team from Lewisham.

Any connection to Fisher FC DA9......
    My lads played against them when they were Bexley Juniors fc. Very hard team. I think it was a draw..... at least the punch up afterwards in the car park.
    17 year olds, never again, worst age to manage........lads, thinking they are men, acting like 'dickheads'.......

• Options
    edited September 2012

Wished I had known that Airman..... I will have to take you up on this offer on a midweek game for 20 tickets. If I had known this I would have bought 20 for palace and donated 10 towards Henry's auctions...... Good to hear that they are copying CAFC's idea. Did you mention throwing in a coach as well?......

Ken if I am interpreting the AIrman's remarks correctly, I don't think this kind of deal will be available for a midweek game against Palarse. In his words he says "if we had not excluded the most attractive games" and I imagine Palarse would be one of those.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Indeed I doubt that the Palarse offer you quote at the start would be available at Sellout if we were playing them in midweek either.
  • Options
    I think you are right bing...... I was so excited about the offer my thought process had a melt down.
    Still, there are a number of midweek games in the future, which I intend to take up the proposed offer.
    Makes me feel a lot better that the £25 a ticket that I have spent on my party was not available against the palace.
    I did phone Airman, and left a message at the club, I expect he will get back to me in due course.