Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bestival

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
Anyone going/been before? heading off there today - i'll be losing my festival virginity, how nice. Perfect weather for it!

Comments

• Options
    Took a mate there a few years ago that was djing. I've never heard anything bit good stuff about it. Keep meaning to go one year.
  • Options
    Make sure you catch Gary Numan and John Foxx. Quality music.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    been three times. bloody brilliant. The only thing is that you used to be able to walk all through the woodlands and park. still wont really matter to you. doesnt really matter to me, its just it was quite nice and pleasant.

great way to lose your festival virginity, its not so full on like reading or Glastonbury, its much more relaxed and it has been getting the some of the best line ups for a while now.
    my friend loves it so much that him and his soon to be wife are getting married on the weekend just so when they celebrate the year anniversary they can go to bestival and celebrate it.
  • Options
    Is this the one on the Isle of Wight? If so I'd love to be there as it seems to be the only British date on the Sigur Ros world tour.
    No chance with work though.
  • Options
    I live on the Isle of Wight hence go every year ... keeps getting better and better and last year was fantastic. Off there when finish work :-)
  • Options
    Was on the Iow yesterday, weather was gorgeous.... Like being on an Island! :-0
  • Options
    Went in 09, great atmosphere but a nightmare getting back. Took about 8 hours from leaving the campsite to London, think they've improved it now.

Missing the wildlife theme, would have been a prime opportunity to make up for my lack of red panda efforts at Preston.
  • Options
    I went in 2010 and it was a total washout - main stage closures, wettest festival on record type of thing. Absolute horror show.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Make sure you catch Gary Numan and John Foxx. Quality music.

I saw Foxx last night at cargo , the man was impressive ! ,trousers rattling bass , the god of Synths .
    Forgot to mention , the fellas 65 now ! 3 albums out in the last year and a half .

• Options
    Took the missus to see Gary Numan about ten years ago, she has always been a big fan. Me, not so much, until I saw him live - he was excellent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love Bestival. Bit more of an older crowd.. ie 25+ rather than reading which is -20. Many stages and areas, great atmosphere, hope you enjoy it. Saw Soulwax there and they blew my brain to smithereens.
  • Options
    I thought it was more of a younger crowd when I went a couple of years ago but then again I am in my 30s so everyone seems younger. As long as they have more toilets than 2010 and the weather is good it should be wicked. Perhaps a bit too small for my liking but then I hear it's been growing every year.

Make sure you have your fancy dress costume.. EVERYONE does fancy dress on Saturday. The burning of the castle at the end of the festival is another highlight.

Loads of quirky little venues you should pop your head into.

Think there is an App for the festival which gives discounts on some of the food at certain times.

Stevie Wonder will be amazing too!

If you are getting the ferry back then either leave wll early in the morning or take your time. Rush hour starts from 9am til the arvo. And ensure you have a couple of quid for the bus back to the ferry. I have seen people queuing for hours only to then be told it's not a free service and they had nothing on them.

Enjoy losing that virginity now!
  • Options
    It was absolutely amazing! Stand out acts for me: Steve wonder, sigur ros, the xx, hot chip and Florence. Fancy dress day was hilarious, didn't encounter any idiots, thinking of going back next year! Getting there and back was a bit of ball ache wih the ferry and 5 shuttle buses
  • Options
    What were Chaz n Dave like?
  • Options
    Whoever was there this year with the huge Charlton flag, great effort! Got a big shout from me and my mates! Top festival. Chic were amazing, Nile Rodgers is pure genius.
  • Options
    I live on the Island and love the Bestival .... Great atmosphere and yes also spotted a couple of Charlton shirts and introduced myself to them .... As you do :-)