Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tv speakers

Anyone know anything about tv speakers? Bought a new hd tv in January and have used a pair of Dell PC speakers with a subwoofer lying around for the tv since. Speakers worked fine but one seems to be turning on and off all the time this week.

So I need a new set but I'm reading all sorts of crap. Some are saying don't buy PC speakers get a home theatre or surround sound (which are expensive). Any ideas?!

Comments

• Options
    I've got a surround sound set-up and it's good, but I have often thought one of those PC speaker set-ups would do and would take up a lot less room!
  • Options
    So can I get away with of speakers or do I need a tv set of speakers? I'm reading about problems with the amp in the tv set.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Get a good set of PC speakers and bass box and you will be laughing,I use a Logitech THX and it is awesome,speakers are small and good looking too,sound and bass is phenomenal,just need to find a good spot for main bass speaker its quite large.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Sorry, very slightly off topic.
    My tv has Sound "Equalizer" and 7 different "HZ" & "KHZ" levellers.
    Any idea what should be on what level ?
  • Options
    I have a 7.1 Onkyo amp playing through Acoustic Energy Radiance 3 speakers, not the best av setup but it makes pc speakers sound like tin cans.
    If you want cinema type sound, (which most of us cannot afford to get close to), you will need a dedicated AV system. The skys the limit when you really get into AV but if you've got HD and probably Blu-Ray its shame to spoil the experience of decent tv with poor audio.