Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

super summer of britishness

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
Stick BBC 1 on now to catch the end of the proms.

Chin chin

Comments

• Options
    I don't care if it is a bit Imperial and jingoistic, but Rule Britannia with the medal winners and Land of Hope and Glory brings a tear to the eye
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

I don't care if it is a bit Imperial and jingoistic, but Rule Britannia with the medal winners and Land of Hope and Glory brings a tear to the eye

God I'm glad I'm a Brit.

What a way to finish the summer.

• Options
    Love it!
  • Options
    Absolutely fantastic! Lump in the throat for much of the last half an hour.

Land of Hope and Glory and the pictures of the crowds in the park was amazing.
  • Options
    Neighbours have gone away...so me and Mrs RM...turned the surround sound gizmo on...turned it up to 'rocking' levels and sat and sung our hearts out.....great night the best its been for a long time......great summer of sport......UK and London showed what we can do when we put our minds to it and work together.......what a pity its all coming to an end, but what a way to finish it last night!!!
  • Options
    The best way to end a British summer.....with an Indian one!?!
  • Options
    Wish I was there!
  • Options
    I don't mind admitting that I had a few tears in my eyes as I was singing away to Land of Hope and Glory and Jerusalem.It has been a very long hard and emotional week for my Wife and I.With problems with my daughter and her boyfriend and news that my Wife's best friend has died.But I feel very proud in what this Green and pleasant Land has done this Summer,we should feel rightly proud of Britain and the people in it.
  • Options
    Totally agree with all the above, thought they got last night right. Great to be British at the moment, shame this great summer of sport and pageantry has to end, thought it been magnificent.
  • Options
    I went to Proms in the Park. Superb.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sky Atlantic are showing a series called The British which is pretty good.
  • Options

Sky Atlantic are showing a series called The British which is pretty good.

I thought it was visually pretty good, not sure about the accuracy of some of the history - I guess it's kind of somewhere between a drama and a documentary.
  • Options
    Sorry but, it's always nice to see British, Britain, etc with a capital B.
  • Options
    Green an pleasant land, walk upon England's mountains green. I am proud to be a Man Of Kent, an English . Being British means nothing anymore, pop into the UK for the day an your British .
  • Options
    Went to LNOTP. My son got two brilliant seats right by the stage. Spent most of the concert in/close to tears. Wonderful music superbly performed in a unique setting - what's not to get emotional about ....

It always looks great on the tv but I can truly say that actually being there was x 10. Fabulous.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
  • Options
    Fabulous time to be British. Just popping down to the parade. Bet those bastards wish they had given us the World Cup now.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Fabulous time to be British. Just popping down to the parade. Bet those bastards wish they had given us the World Cup now.

Absolutely - we've proved that we can put on a good show. Am I right in thinking that Brazil have got the World Cup, followed by the Olympics or did I dream that?
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

masicat said:

Absolutely - we've proved that we can put on a good show. Am I right in thinking that Brazil have got the World Cup, followed by the Olympics or did I dream that?
    No you didn't dream that.
  • Options
    Has anybody been keeping up with the British ? I think it's been pretty disappointing and really should have been called "The English"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Has anybody been keeping up with the British ? I think it's been pretty disappointing and really should have been called "The English"

I have just stopped recording it. Could have een a really good historical review but the voice over is like a cheap satellite channels, same with Andrew Marrs History of the world. Never thought British / World history could be made to sound boring

• Options
    Both Marr and Paxman keep recycling the same material for 'different' TV programmes. Trying to make History sexy and spectacular instead of the reality for the average 'Brit', a life of toil and drudgery. These programmes, like Stephanie Flanders' series on economics, would be better on Radio 4