Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics/Paralympics memorabilia

Got quite a few things from the Olympics and Paralympics like caps, tshirts and a limited edition bottle of coke which I got told was worth a lot.
If I'm going to sell these things assuming they might have good value, I don't know whether to do it now or hold on to em for a good few years in hope the value increases.
I've done a bit of research but general opinion is better.

What you think? worth holding on to, anything in it?

Anyone else got good stuff out of it?

Comments

• Options
    The Olympic spirit lives on I see.

Faster, Higher, Stronger, the prices that is.
  • Options
    I have an official team t-shirt from the 2004 Athens Paralympics and a collector has offered me £30 for it. Should I take the money and run?
  • Options
    The problem is that too many people keep hold of these things. They need to be rare. The most worthless items are things that advertise themselves as limited editions- they are basically telling peopl eto keep them and not throw them away!
  • Options
    My son has been working at the Olympics and Paralympics and has picked up a number of pins and various other items, some of which would not be available to the public (such as a typed running order given out to the press). However, looking at the prices for even quite old memorabilia, he's going to have to keep hold of it all for a loooooong time.

He has also got the shirt, cap and jacket of course, but they're not exactly rare as they are the same as the ones given out to the volunteers.
  • Options
    Just had an official Olympic Email pushing souvenir memorabilia; pretty clear the market will be saturated with stuff for a long, long time; your great great grandchildren might make a bob or two bur I doubt you will!
  • Options
    Could try and auction them on here with proceeds going to the Cafc Disability football team.
  • Options
    Have a limited edition plate that we bought after returning home in '84.

Classical design featuring a naked Greek running with the torch, " XX111 Olympiad" underneath and a border of similar figures engaged in various early Olympic sports.

Think something like this would be worth purchasing with an eye to future worth.