Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Here Comes the Summer - Undertones Documentary

Just watched this on catch-up. Despite my user name The Undertones were always my favourite band of this era. Possibly most of the best half dozen gigs I've ever been to were theirs. Some of them have aged worse than others, but I will always associate many of the best moments of my late teens with them

Comments

• Options
    also saw some of this over the weekend - any reason there was no input from Fergal Sharkey ?? Fallen out with the band I would suppose, but anyone know ???
  • Options
    great programme ... really enjoyed it ... saw them a couple of times, very good live

Feargal never does any interviews these days ... was still heavily involved in music but seems to have dropped out of the scene recently
  • Options
    I may be wrong, but I think there last ever concert was at the home of the Stripeys....anyway, I was there and they were brilliant, it was a mixed music festival of some sort.....
  • Options
    really good programme, a band that i knew very little about apart from the odd single.

I would of thought their last gig together would be somewhere in northern Ireland as that’s where they loved to be.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up JJDD - watched it on iplayer then found a John Peel doc on youtube from about 2001 which I watchd last night too - all this just after I'd dug out a best of CD for the car, which is fab.

Anyone got their latest album Dig Yourself Deep? Good reviews on amazon but albums years later are often liable to be disappointing...
  • Options
    Where can I see this?
  • Options
    I was once subjected to the 2 disc cd of their greatest hits (Yes, 2 cd's so must have been 30-odd songs !!!) whilsts driving down to the West Country...............
  • Options
    Should be on iPlayer Henry. Try this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mhqnr
  • Options
    Cheers, finished client visit early so straight on when get home.
  • Options

11:18AM
    I may be wrong, but I think there last ever concert was at the home of the Stripeys....anyway, I was there and they were brilliant, it was a mixed music festival of some sort.....

Yes they supported Peter Gabriel - last gig in England. About th eonly time I wanted to be at Selhurst Park. I've an odd feeling that after that they did something like reggae sunsplash in Jamaica.

Feargal is/was Chief Executive of the Performing Rights Society
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really good documentary, great band, great days. Saw them live many times.

Shame they always trot out the same "experts" in Paul Morley (who would never have admitted to liking such an uncool band as the Undertones at the time) and Waldemar Januszczakhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lustfaust