Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fishing at Dartford Lakes (Brooklands??) anyone been?

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
I live near Dartford lakes, but have never been.

Has anyone else been and able to give a brief critique?

I've heard some good things and some bad things.

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't bother mate its very hit and miss there. Have had some good sessions but the majority have been awful.

I'd recommend Darenth Lakes? but you've probably been before if you live close to Dartford Lakes, and if you don't mind travelling Monk Lakes in Maidstone.
  • Options
    I would second Monk Lakes, can get busy but 3 lakes to choose from and you should catch
  • Options
    Remember a few years back the old bill telling you not to night fish there because of the gypos
  • Options
    fatrob said:

Remember a few years back the old bill telling you not to night fish there because of the gypos

Thats Brooklands not Monks OP
  • Options
    Sorry yes Brooklands
  • Options
    Brooklands have been fishing well lately according to my mate who goes a lot, been a few times and not had any agg
  • Options
    Not been Dartford Lakes for years. Had some nice fish out of there though!
  • Options
    had many names over the years im sure we used to call it Ellinghams once as well.
  • Options
    Had some nice size Perch out of there.
  • Options
    Cheers for the info guy's.

I've already booked myself onto monk lakes (Mallard lake) for a weekend in oct, and just fancied somewhiere local for a quick day session.

WillmoreTheRed - I've not actually fished Darenth either, I've only recently moved to the area. any tips/advice for there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Used to be a member of ddaps and saw some nice caught at dartford favorite lakes in the darenth valley were horton kirby also ddaps
  • Options
    Now live in tonbridge and surrounded by "lets dig a hole aend stuff it full of carp" lakes/ponds which in not a fan of to easy and look unatural.
  • Options

Used to be a member of ddaps and saw some nice caught at dartford favorite lakes in the darenth valley were horton kirby also ddaps

DDAPS lakes are brilliant lakes so glad i got my membership.

Cheers for the info guy's.

I've already booked myself onto monk lakes (Mallard lake) for a weekend in oct, and just fancied somewhiere local for a quick day session.

WillmoreTheRed - I've not actually fished Darenth either, I've only recently moved to the area. any tips/advice for there?

Darenth has a few lakes KC, It's hard to tell you a stratergy to use because if you go down there everyone gives you different tips. The best advice I ever got down there was to keep simple. No fancy baits etc.. Boiles, Hair rig, bite alarm and just bait up wisely and I've never drawn a blank there!

I also suggest basils lake for a big session, out of the majority of them lakes however there all pretty good for a day out.

Enjoy your time at mallard mate you should do well there.

• Options
    Miss my carp fishing badly.....they are seen as vermin here and anyone who manages to catch one usually kills it......seen some beautiful fish, but very shy and Im actually pleased that they are so.
  • Options
    Remember couple of local guys simon murray and his brother had dartford pretty sused used to catch some nice fish between them always used to walk round every day looking around.best bit of advice study the lake first dont just pick the first swim you see.
  • Options
    I used to know a member of the carp study group....his advice served me very well....study the lake and find the fish, dont chuck and hope. Ironically caught most of my carp within a rod length after his advice.
  • Options
    Darenth has a few lakes KC, It's hard to tell you a stratergy to use because if you go down there everyone gives you different tips. The best advice I ever got down there was to keep simple. No fancy baits etc.. Boiles, Hair rig, bite alarm and just bait up wisely and I've never drawn a blank there!

I also suggest basils lake for a big session, out of the majority of them lakes however there all pretty good for a day out.

Enjoy your time at mallard mate you should do well there.

from having a quick look on the DDAPS website it looks like you have to be a member to fish any of the lakes apart from brooklands (Dartford). Or have I got that wrong?
  • Options
    Been a member of ddaps for years, great lakes but haven't been this year, kind of gone off fishing and football has taken over,

Darenth lakes if you fish terrapin lake, get in swim four, cast to the back and get plenty of bait out, that's how I use to do well there
  • Options
    from having a quick look on the DDAPS website it looks like you have to be a member to fish any of the lakes apart from brooklands (Dartford). Or have I got that wrong?
  • Options
    No that's right, well worth the money if your going regularly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Walk around Dartford lakes at lunchtime if I can, seen a couple of dead pike in the water on the same day last week.
  • Options
    Cheers again for all the info. I don't think I'd go regular enough to justify the membership of DDAPS, so I think I'll just grab a couple of hours at Brooklands and see what happens.
  • Options
    I used to fish there regularly but not for twenty years. I believe that many fish we placed their from Horton Kirby lakes when they had a problem with the water table in the 1970's.

In my day, good tench venue, plenty of carp and some decent bream.
  • Options
    My neighbour took me to Gedges Lake near Paddock Wood last Friday, we caught 12 between us, 2 off the bottom and 10 off the surface as it was such a hot day and all within 30 feet of the rod tip.
  • Options
    Pike caught yesterday from Brooklands.
  • Options
    jack.
  • Options
    what is that the bait
  • Options
    pike
  • Options
    an old childhood friend drowned at dartford lakes, they think he may have had a fit but nobody there at the time could confirm or deny, so we'll never know<?(%-{{>