Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Ukraine

I know no-one's interested but here's the team anyway:-

Piatov, Gusiev, Khacheridi, Rakitskyy, Selin, Tymoschuk, Garmash, Yarmolenko, Rotan, Konoplianka, Zozulia

England team:-

Hart, Johnson, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Milner, Gerrard, Lampard, Ox-Chamberlain, Cleverley, Defoe

Comments

• Options
    Can't believe that got disallowed. Player should be ashamed.
  • Options
    Great goal
  • Options
    What a finish
  • Options
    who for?
  • Options
    Ukraine
  • Options
    Anyone got the feeling its not going to be Cleverly's night ?
  • Options
    Oh, watching Great British Bake Off as I need fattening up ;-))
  • Options
    not sure how Cleverley missed that 1st chance
  • Options
    The feckin band make me teeth itch!
  • Options
    I must say that for the first time in a very long time England have been a joy to watch! Shame style doesn't always win you football matches.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Onto a different matter, Wales are awful, their defence are so shocking... God knows how wiggins isn't in the squad ahead of some of them
  • Options

I must say that for the first time in a very long time England have been a joy to watch! Shame style doesn't always win you football matches.

I'll have some of what you're on Tewkes.
    Poor quality game

• Options
    Bag of shite.
  • Options
    Why is it that Milner looks like and plays like a 37 year old footballer when in reality he's only 26?
  • Options
    How is Lampard still on the pitch, he really hasn't been in the game.
  • Options
    yawn
  • Options
    Just be thankful you aint Welsh!!!
  • Options
    Why was cleverly playing so far forward, he's managed to score a massive 1 premier league goal in his career, no wonder he missed them chances
  • Options
    About time
  • Options
    Credit Wellbeck for injecting some directness and goal threat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2012

• Options
    With so many injuries and several inexperienced players we did ok. Uncle Roy knows what he is doing. And, importantly, they look like a team. As Charlton fans we should know that more than most.
  • Options
    what was the wales score?
  • Options
    mparsons1 said:

what was the wales score?

6-1 defeat
  • Options
    It's maybe difficult to assess as I'm not in England, but I have never known so little media interest in England's competitive games as there has been for these last two matches.

Am I right?

Maybe because the Olympics and tennis have made the public more interested in other sports and that footballers are no longer the best known sporting faces?
  • Options
    Yes you are right but i think it's more to do with the attitude of footballers.
    Anyone thought of the GB football team lately?
  • Options
    Terrible performace. Hodgson out.
  • Options
    England team takin another beating in this morning press, all becoming too predictable how they are letting us down blah blah blah

The Olympics are over....DEAL WITH IT
  • Options
    usual media bashing of England this morning.

I thought they played pretty well, certainly kept the ball far better than they have done in the past couple of years, on another night we'd have been 3-0 up before they scored, Defoe was very unlucky.

their goal was a great strike but I though Hart was maybe a few yards too far out.

kept pressing though and the subs made a difference, deserved the equaliser.

not a bad point in the end
  • Options
    Sorry Eltham but I cannot agree with your "kept the ball far better" comment.
    I switched over 20 mins into the game and in a 10 min spell Oxtail-Chambermaid gave the ball away 5 times to the opposition.
    Even the commentators were trying to make excuses for him such as "he ran out of space"
    I know it was a depleted squad but we looked woeful