Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v ROI friendly - Wembley 29th May 2013

JTJT
edited September 2012 in Other Football and Sports
& Brazil at Wembley

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/england-brazil-ireland-fixtures.aspx

THE FA CONFIRM WEMBLEY FIXTURES WITH BRAZIL AND REPUBLIC OF IRELAND.
Five-times FIFA World Cup winners Brazil will kick-off The Football Association’s 150th anniversary year when they visit Wembley Stadium on Wednesday 6 February 2013.

The Brazilian Federation will return the invitation by welcoming Roy Hodgson’s squad to Rio as part of a two-game tour in early June 2013. England's second opponents in South America will be confirmed soon.

Republic of Ireland will play their first game at Wembley since the stadium was rebuilt on Wednesday 29 May.

Due to The FA's fixture arrangements, England do not play any World Cup Qualifiers at the end of the season.

The squad will return to England before Tuesday 11 June, when many nations will still be involved in qualifying action.

Club England Managing Director Adrian Bevington said: “We're delighted Brazil will kick-off The FA's 150th anniversary celebrations at Wembley.

"2013 is a landmark year for The FA and an exciting England fixture programme, in addition to Wembley hosting the UEFA Champions League Final, will form a key part of the celebrations.

"As the most successful footballing nation, with great players and supporters, it will be fantastic to launch this important year in English football's history against such outstanding opponents as Brazil.

"We also look forward to hosting Republic of Ireland and Scotland at Wembley next year. These matches are sure to evoke great passion among supporters.

"We have been planning the fixtures in Brazil for over a year, as a key part of our preparation for 2014 - subject to qualification.

"Our players do not have any experience of playing in South America and it will undoubtedly be beneficial for the team to travel and play in Brazil, a year ahead of the World Cup. We negotiated our qualifying schedule with a specific view to allowing this.

"While in Brazil, The FA and England squad will play an active role in developing and supporting a charity programme both in advance of and during the summer of 2013 and 2014."

Pitch International, whom the CBF have recently appointed as their global commercial agency, will be helping The FA in organising the Brazilian fixtures.

Comments

• Options
    So 150 years celebration we'll probably end up with more jocks an irish in the ground than ourselves brilliant
  • Options
    surely there will be a designated away end for these games tho
  • Options

So 150 years celebration we'll probably end up with more jocks an irish in the ground than ourselves brilliant

Says more about England fans than anything else
  • Options
    I know they're trying to celebrate 150 years etc, but i'd so much rather have both those fixtures in Glasgow and Dublin.

You're only going to hear the away fans on both occasions.
  • Options
    The Ireland game will bring out all the loons.
  • Options
    Ireland - a home game to bother with at last.

Brazil zzzzzzzz
  • Options
    What happened the last time England played the R.O.I. ?
  • Options

What happened the last time England played the R.O.I. ?

at wembley? not a lot, sure something happened in Ireland tho cant remember
  • Options
    Combat 18 started a riot did they not
  • Options
    Radzinsky - The Hilsborough thread proves you can't believe the press.

Yet for some reason people continue to swallow exactly what they spout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First it isnt Ireland its the ROI
    I was at the match at Wembley where England won 2 nil and Keegan scored both goals. It was fine at first many old boys wearing the green until up in the Gods you herd "IRA-IRa" and the place went mad. Ten mins after the scum singing that you wouldnt want to be in a green scarf. Worst home trouble i have seen at Wembley.
  • Options
    If you speak to those there the previous game in Dublin (91??) was alot worse than 95 outside the ground.

No excusing the actions of some English that night in 95 but it was not all one way.

It will be interesting as these days at Wembley you get away fans in the home end in big numbers every game lording it.
    With them and the jocks in quick succession it will be interesting to see how they deal with it.
  • Options
    Is there a date for the Scotland game yet ?
  • Options
    Hopefully a return fixture at both Scotland and Ireland!
  • Options
    @The Organiser

nowt to do with reading/believing the British gutter press, i was there that night, granted it was not one-way by any means
  • Options
    England fans with loyalist leaninigs and right wing sympathies for sure but I think "combat 18 starting a riot" plays into the hands of the media.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Scotland is in August - 18th maybe.
    ROI away in penciled in for Nov 2014.
    But I think Poland at home next October will cause the biggest headache at Wembley.
  • Options
    the poles could fill wembley on their own!
  • Options
    Don't see there being much trouble at the ROI game as some may expect. Different crowd follow England now at the new Wembley (mostly families, casual supporters, corporate).
  • Options

se9addick said:

But I think Poland at home next October will cause the biggest headache at Wembley.
    Cheers, I'll be with my family who are all jocks. I assume Scotland will get a big away allocation, but if we don't get tickets in the away end I assume we'd be ok in the home end so long as we behave ourselves ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Don't see there being much trouble at the ROI game as some may expect. Different crowd follow England now at the new Wembley (mostly families, casual supporters, corporate).

You're right but plenty who wouldn't normally go will be out for this!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Cheers, I'll be with my family who are all jocks. I assume Scotland will get a big away allocation, but if we don't get tickets in the away end I assume we'd be ok in the home end so long as we behave ourselves ?
    Ock naay!
  • Options
    mparsons1 said:

the poles could fill wembley on their own!

And thats just from people living in the Wembley post code
  • Options
    I actually received my only ever Shoeing at an England V Scotland game at Wembley just after Peter Beardsley put us 1-0 up being at the tunnel end opposite where I thought the Jocks were, I celebrated with my mates then realised we were surrounded by a few hundred jocks, not a very nice experience being booted to buggery on the ground. Still I do hope to get a ticket for that game, hope we smash them to bits that day.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Big rumours that Scotland are getting 20k for that game, which if true is a disgrace.
    Modern day England crowd at Wembley you should be fine if you behave yourself.
    The last one I went to in 99 there I don't remember seeing a single 'obvious jock' in the home end and I don't blame them.