Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Second Favourite City

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
Looking for an away day with the football team boys. Where does everyone recommend done Liverpool last which was my choice.

Any ideas

Comments

• Options
    Edinburgh
  • Options
    Brisbane
  • Options
    Newcastle
  • Options
    Las Vegas
  • Options
    Dublin
  • Options
    Dublin has mentioned, within an a couple hours away would be more ideal.

• Options
    Can't go too wrong with any of the major German cities.
  • Options
    Barcelona... bloody marvellous ...
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

Barcelona... bloody marvellous ...

that's a great choice
  • Options
    Paris
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Munich!!!! Great beer, great atmosphere and if you watch the footy great stadium.
  • Options
    The thing about Dublin is that there is nothing to do there other than drink and thats what you want from a boys weekend

Paris and Barcelona are not lads weekenders save that for 2014 when we're in the champions league
  • Options

Can't go too wrong with any of the major German cities.

This. If you haven't been to Berlin (or Munich, or even some of the less big and popular cities like Nuremberg) then go immediately.

• Options
    If flying is an option I agree about Germany. Munich or Hamburg.
  • Options
    Fly to Dusseldorf and you've got Dortmund, Cologne, Schalke, Kaiserslauten, Leverkusen, Fortuna and others all within an hour. 2 or 3 games in a weekend is easy.
  • Options
    Saw the title and instantly thought "Sydney".

If you want UK then Newcastle is always a laugh. Europe then I've heard good things about Geman cities - as above. I wasn't that fussed about Dublin myself.
  • Options
    Rome, and try to go November 11th and watch the Rome derby.
  • Options
    Nottingham is a cracking night out. Plenty to look at as well, if you know what I mean.
  • Options

Nottingham is a cracking night out. Plenty to look at as well, if you know what I mean.

Museums?

• Options
    Newcastle is an awesome night out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For a piss-up:

UK - Newcastle
    Europe - Prague

To actually experience something worthwhile:

UK - Bath
    Europe - Cordoba
  • Options
    uncle said:

Rome, and try to go November 11th and watch the Rome derby.

Rome actually is my second favourite city (Rio first), and getting tickets for the derby isn't too tough if you're prepared to go through an agent.

Krakow is also a good mix of culture, drinking and football, plus if you go to Amsterdam you can easily get two games done in a weekend.

• Options
    Off_it said:

Museums?

Yep, museums !!
  • Options
    Talinn
  • Options
    Cork City
  • Options
    Hamburg - lots of drinking opportunities and a cracking stadium if HSV are playing
    Nottingham - fantastic night out
  • Options
    Plenty to chose from CAFC I travel a lot on business but can say the following cities are great:
    Berlin - The Stadium is now magnificent and has the history attached (1936 Olympics)
    Barcelona - Nowhere quite like the Nou Camp
    Madrid - A beautiful city not as atmospheric as Barcelona though
    Rome - enough said

and as a curve ball

Stockholm - really beautiful and in the summer the best looking woman I have ever seen

UK I would say Chester, York and Bath but for lively nightlife Newcastle and Nottingham
  • Options
    Krakow or Milan are also a good options for football and a lot to see/do/drink/eat
  • Options
    England: Kendal
    Europe: Paris.