Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Average Attendances this season so far...

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

Looking very generally, we have an average attendance of approx 8 000 more than Millwall , which if this equates, lets say, to 20 pounds per person extra income, would mean an extra turnover of roughly
3.7 million pounds per season (20 x 8000 x 23).

Have i worked that right ? Seems like a high number !

Comments

• Options
    we do love to pull a millwall related attendance thread out when we are doing badly!

Sounds right though.
  • Options
    I think your assumption is based on assuming all 8,000 are walk ups when in reality most are probably s/t's where the cost per game is closer to £10 per game. However I'm very tired and my brain may not be working properly.
  • Options
    Prefer to see comparison with last season attendance, don't really care how we compare to millwall
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think your assumption is based on assuming all 8,000 are walk ups when in reality most are probably s/t's where the cost per game is closer to £10 per game. However I'm very tired and my brain may not be working properly.

Maybe its a split, and maybe when you start to add in things like programmes, food etc it might be closer to 20 pounds?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Not quite sure how that table works. Brighton seem to have an average crowd which is higher than their capacity!

Edit: just checked and looks like their capacity is 28,000 which obviously knocks their figures down a bit. Perhaps the site owner is a seagull!!
  • Options
    Also we have played three games and one of those is Palace which will be one of our biggest attendances of the season. Millwall have played two games, Blackpool who are a small club and Middlesborough who are probably about as far away as any club they'll play this season. Any stats based on such a small sample are pointless.
  • Options
    Brighton haven't finished their expansion. It will be 30k when completed. Although there's no room for sentiment, I think their fans and that ground deserve premiership football.
  • Options

Also we have played three games and one of those is Palace which will be one of our biggest attendances of the season. Millwall have played two games, Blackpool who are a small club and Middlesborough who are probably about as far away as any club they'll play this season. Any stats based on such a small sample are pointless.

Yes, realised that after posting the link. The difference between us and Millwall willno doubt narrow as the season goes on.
  • Options

Brighton haven't finished their expansion. It will be 30k when completed. Although there's no room for sentiment, I think their fans and that ground deserve premiership football.

You say that,but it wasnt that long ago they were languishing in the bottom end of the third-tier in a dilapidated stadium with gates circa 5 thousand. So,its only a new phenomena. TBH, i think they hit lucky with Poyet.
  • Options
    When Poyet first took over at Brighton they were getting 4,000 a week at the Withdean. They had their biggest home crowd for 30 years on Friday night. Lucky? Maybe. But the very best of luck to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

Looking very generally, we have an average attendance of approx 8 000 more than Millwall , which if this equates, lets say, to 20 pounds per person extra income, would mean an extra turnover of roughly
    3.7 million pounds per season (20 x 8000 x 23).

Have i worked that right ? Seems like a high number !

And they'll still beat us home and away
  • Options

Regardless of whether the expansion is finished or not, you can't have an attendance which is over 100% of capacity in these all-seater days. The site have got something wrong there...either the attendances or the capacity quoted.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Regardless of whether the expansion is finished or not, you can't have an attendance which is over 100% of capacity in these all-seater days. The site have got something wrong there...either the attendances or the capacity quoted.
    It was the same last year, they had a capacity of 8,000 - its just the capacity from the previous year - they are just a bit late with the slow-moving variables, thats all.