Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For those who think there is no justice in footballl....

.....that serial toe-rag Harry Kewell still can't find a Premiership/Championship club to give him a two-year deal to spend in the treatment room.

This, remember, is the little prick who spent FIVE seasons at Liverpool and roused himself to play in 81 out of 190 league games in that period and who spent most of his last three years at Leeds "injured" and then forced the bankrupt club to pay him a 2 million pound leaving bonus - which him and his scumbag agent Bernie Mandic gloated about to the press.

He spent last year here in the A-League but his team mates detested him and he decided to go back to the UK to find one last big pay day.....but nobody wants him! I can't think why.

Comments

• Options
    Is he still with that annoying bird from Emmerdale?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Is he still with that annoying bird from Emmerdale?

Sheree Muprhy - yes.

Annoying, but a definite 'yes' on a Wouldya.
  • Options
    Maybe he came home because his wife wanted to.

He can't help being injured can he? If he was entitled to a pay off why should he waive it just because those running Leeds had spunked millions up the wall they didn't have?

I, personally, don't see what he's done wrong, except for being injured. If any one of us were off sick and our contract entitled us to full pay would we offer the money back to our employers?
  • Options
    What has he done wrong exactly? Been injured for half his career? That's a reason to feel sorry for him not angry.
  • Options
    Do you two have history?
  • Options
    Kewell could hardly be described as a toe rag! Was quite a talented footballer whose injuries ruined his career. If you know for a fact he started faking injuries to stay off the pitch, you'd be better off selling the story to a paper (although missed the boat by now)
  • Options
    Is he available then ? I think someone should let Chris Powell know. We can ask him to sign a two year megabucks contract...........
  • Options
    A former Leeds player who played for Galatasaray.
  • Options
    Here is what Harry Kewell and his 'agent' did to Leeds when they were sliding into bankruptcy...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-229608/Leeds-furious-collect-just-Pounds-3m-sale-Kewell.html

....nice isn't it? Stitching up the club that discovered you and brought you to England as a 15 year-old and supported you when you were out injured for the best part of two seasons.

When he left Galatasary he lowered himself to come down to the A-League - currently struggling for survival in an anti-football market and losing about A$20 million per year.

The already hugely wealthy Kewell - the richest footballer Australia has ever produced - demanded that he personally get 70% of the gate takings from away games!!!

That's right, when Harry came to town he wanted to take all the cash from the fans for himself, after all he needs it much more than those footballing giants Newcastle Jets and Adelaide United who are battling to stay afloat.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/the-man-behind-harry-kewell-who-is-bernie-mandic-20110705-1h06e.html

Look at his quote from that story: "Mate, you can go beat your wife, beat your kids, root prostitutes, rob a bank or even commit murder - but if you score the winning goal on the weekend, it doesn't f...in' matter." He said that when 18 years old.

My good friend worked for the YEP in the early 2000's and got to know all of the Leeds players very well, he said that most were great, especially Mark Viduka but said that Kewell was the most arrogant, obnoxious player he had ever met.

Kewell had one season at Melbourne Victory and it was a disaster, he insisted on having his own personal trainer and training away from the rest of the group.

I saw him play twice up here in Brisbane and he warmed up by himself with his team mates barely acknowledging him. He played about half the games and his team finished near the bottom of the table.

At the end of the season Melbourne got a new coach, the double Title winning Ange Postecoglou - the best football coach in the country and a hard bastard - who told the club he did not want a bar of Harry Kewell.

Kewell left with his tail between his legs, supposedly to spend time with his wife's ill mother, but the reality was that he had been released by the club.

Maybe some on here might think he is an allright bloke and entirely justified in his behaviour, for me he goes firmly in the Ashley Cole basket as a prize twat and a perfect example of all that ails modern football.

For the likes of Kewell too much can never be enough - and now he wonders why people won't go near him with a bargepole.
  • Options

Yes, that's right, and people on here are defending him!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes, that's right, and people on here are defending him!

Maybe he was just partial to a donor kebab poor bloke.....
  • Options
    Met him once, seemed alright
  • Options
    I heard he saved a family of kittens from a house fire and buys shoes for orphans?
  • Options
    Still can't see where the 'justice' is if he's still the richest footballer Australia has produced. I'm sure he'll sleep well.
  • Options
    I've read the OP twice, and imo its a bit of a non-story!
  • Options
    OP might be right, but the evidence is rubbish. The quote attributed to him is sourced from someone else, and taken out of context. How do you know he wasn't shaking his head in disgust as he said it, for instance? Guilty for being rich? I'll take that guilt.
  • Options
    let's feel sorry for Leeds the club that in 1984 was happy to proceed with a winding up order on us F*** EM
  • Options

"Mate, you can go beat your wife, beat your kids, root prostitutes, rob a bank or even commit murder - but if you score the winning goal on the weekend, it doesn't f...in' matter." He said that when 18 years old.

Wise beyond his years. It sounds terrible of course but I make him about right with a statement like that.

• Options

"Mate, you can go beat your wife, beat your kids, root prostitutes, rob a bank or even commit murder - but if you score the winning goal on the weekend, it doesn't f...in' matter." He said that when 18 years old.

Wise beyond his years. It sounds terrible of course but I make him about right with a statement like that.

Also I'm sure we all said silly things when we were 18 years old.

As for the Leeds deal, they wanted to sell him and he agreed to go if he got some of the benefit he would have got if he'd stayed for a further 12 months and left for free.

I just don't see why this is so bad. The sums of money make it look excessively greedy, but he was only taking advantage of his talent and it's value.

We, none of us, know what happens as specific clubs when players are injured. I'm led to believe, from things I've read, that injured players are treated very badly, so he might not have felt that he owed Leeds anything.

Either way we have seen many clubs, and Leeds are included in this, treat players as commodities. They made decisions that are in their best interests and not in the best interests of the player (Beckford being kept on £1,500 a week when he was clearly being offed ten times that elsewhere in recent seasons). Clubs can't have it both ways. They can't restrict their players from advancing their careers when it suits and then expect other players to do exactly what they are told at other times.

The article suggests that Leeds agreed to something like this when they tried to get Kewell to agree to stay when he had much bettere offers. Presumably they said they wouldn't match the other wages but they would use him a loyalty bonus if he left later. Then, amazingly, the club renaged on the deal when the player's contract was running out and made a press statement to slag off the player when he demanded what they had prmissed him.

Clearly I have no specific insid information of what I've said above but Leeds do have some previous.

On the same subject we probably cost Dale Stephens a huge pay increase last month. This was our right, he signed a contract with us and he has to stick to it. However, we can't complain if he refuses to sign another deal and leaves on a free in two years time.