Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Where are ya? Let's be aving ya"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

bloodnut said:

fanny gets my vote seth.

I'm a big fan of fanny

'Nuff said, Kap ....
  • Options
    I’m sure our Directors have other business commitments as well.
  • Options
    They didn't make it because there was a big queue at Cash Convertors.

(Smiley/winking thing)
  • Options
    I got the impression that there was a general understanding that a director was usually expected at away games, as expressed by Richard Murray, when he told us about a director/s being late for the game, due to a traffic accident on the motorway against, one of Ken Bates sides ( think it was Leeds)...... Mind you that is Ken Bates.
    Not expecting the entire board of CAFC to go to every game, but I am sure they could share this ' task' around, or appoint an executive director to do this. In any case Prothero was there it is claimed?..... so no real issue then.
  • Options
    I do recall that certain clubs don't accept senior executives into their board rooms/director seats.

So although the club may not seem to be represented, they may be, but just not in the directors seats.

I'm surprised fans take an interest in this to be honest. It's well known these people aren't fans of the club, and are possibly in it for the business side of things, so I doubt they see a requirement to attend games?

I do recall a senior executive used to attend the occasional away game, and said that if you dont get there on time you won't neccesarily get fed!
  • Options
    OK, lets look at it another way. If directors don't get to see the games, would they then be in a good position to justify sacking a manager if the results were poor? Would they simply go on results regardless of misfortune or luck or stuff? Would they also be in a good position to offer or respond to requests for support or signings the football staff say is needed?
  • Options
    maybe if they're not going to games they have every confidence in footballing matters. Maybe people should be worried when we have a directors box full keeping their eyes on Powell.
    blimey, the directors box is going to be scrutinised even more now going forward!
  • Options
    cant really say how it is today up in the box, but from what i can remember directors wanted to be at every game, including reserve games...
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

You were told wrong tango...and I know Bob & Chris aren't directors, but there was a good turnout from Charlton, including a certain comedian who is often mentioned.

"Comedian" ?
    (Sorry, been told his son is a regular poster, Nothing personal).

• Options
    MOG - one of my best friends is Derby's FD and kindly invited me up as we also share a birthday coming up. He's also a little mischievous, which is why he put us on a table with the local priest. Mr Davidson was very well behaved and very supportive of the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seth, you're really not helping your arguement by trying to suggest that NOT going to games means they can't sack CP or judge his need for players.

Because the obvious retort is that if they DO go then they are entitled to sack him or decide if he needs more players or not.

Leave it alone and stop trying to twist every minor thing into evidnce against the board. It only undermines the valid, IMHO, criticisms that already exists.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Seth, you're really not helping your arguement by trying to suggest that NOT going to games means they can't sack CP or judge his need for players.

Because the obvious retort is that if they DO go then they are entitled to sack him or decide if he needs more players or not.

Leave it alone and stop trying to twist every minor thing into evidnce against the board. It only undermines the valid, IMHO, criticisms that already exists.

Come Come Henry, my post was more about questions than anything, and it is a bit much to say I have espoused any arguement in particular.
    I also do not twist every (in your words) 'minor' thing into evidence against the board.

On the specifics, if they DO attend matches their judgement has more credibility than if they don't, just as on here those who see matches give players marks, while those who don't refrain from doing so.

This particular thread wasn't started by me.
  • Options
    Off It, you utter bastard. All I can think about now is a nice pint of Directors and a bag of pork scratchings, both of which are hard to come by out here in the colonies.
  • Options

Off It, you utter bastard.

That's me!
  • Options
    If only one turned up that still stacks up pretty well as percentage representation. Compare it to the percentage representation behind the goal.