Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell to leave!?? Seriously? How stupid are some of our 'fans'?

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
How stupid are some of our fans, Calling for SCPs head 6 games in??

This is not going to be 'last season' we are in a new division now, alot of players are l1/Championship players but to call for SCPs head after everything he has done? I personally want him to stay longer then Curbs. your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Who is calling for him to leave? I havent heard or seen anyone say that tbf
  • Options
    Who's called for his head or for him to go?

Maybe calling your own fans "stupid" says more about you than it does them.
  • Options
    Powell must go.
  • Options
    Other than Mr falconwood_1 above (who I think is just joking) I've not seen a single post (even on here amidst the doom and gloom) calling for CP to go!
  • Options
    I think we're more worried that some numpty in the boardroom is going to sack our hero.
  • Options
    I saw people saying on twitter while the derby game was on that they saw other tweets by charlton fans suggestion Powell should be sacked.

I didn't see any myself but it annoyed me.
  • Options
    SE7lad said:

This is not going to be 'last season' we are in a new division now, alot of players are l1/Championship players but to call for SCPs head after everything he has done? I personally want him to stay longer then Curbs. your thoughts?

Any link to this please?

• Options
    I doubt anyone who actually supports Charlton is calling for his head. Just WUM's.
  • Options
    SE7lad said:

You mean a couple of kids on Twatter ....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BetVictor is offering 25/1 against Powell being the next champs manager to get the push .. same odds as Clough, Solbacken & Keane . Jewell is fav at 7/2
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

I think we're more worried that some numpty in the boardroom is going to sack our hero.

• Options
    I saw one 'kid' on twitter who said Powell out only for him to say he did it for a reaction, so stop getting your knickers in a twist
  • Options

Maybe calling your own fans "stupid" says more about you than it does them.

I agree. It's not as if any believed our squad was going to be comfortable in this league and should be challenging for promotion straight away or anything. Now that would be stupid!......................Oh, hang on :-)
  • Options
    Powell should go now.............................and find some new players to strengthen the team
  • Options
    It would be ridiculous to sack Powell after 6 games, equally as ridiculous as calling him "Sir Chris Powell". He needs time to settle into this higher division and deserves to be given time.
  • Options
    yeah powell out. lets get phil brown in before its too late
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    D_F_T said:

It would be ridiculous to sack Powell after 6 games, equally as ridiculous as calling him "Sir Chris Powell". He needs time to
    settle into this higher division and deserves to be given time.

No it isnt. Not at all. What utter nonsense.

One is an honorific title used by people who respect him and like a bit of fun.

The other is just insanity.

A bit like people who get themselves all in a tizzy and indignantly comment on message boards when people who call someone they admire and respect by an amusing but respectful nomenclature.

• Options
    Oh they're out there alright.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would keep him even if we were relegated.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Oh they're out there alright.

Any link?
  • Options
    Powell out is a brilliant post.... he's a hero, we amassed 101 points last season, and we're not even winless so far....