Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live - Jim Melrose Interview

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Jim Melrose is dropping in before the Blackburn game, any questions for him? We will also have a huge exclusive interview with a mystery guest, apparently its a huge figure, we will be after questions for that early next week once we know who it is!

Comments

• Options
    Here's a bunch that sprang to mind, of varying quality!

- How well does he remember his time at Selhurst Park - what are the overriding memories of that period?

- Given that he played for a number of clubs, and his time at Charlton was fairly short, does he hold a great deal of fondness for the club? Ever wish he got to play at The Valley?

- Is he aware of how fondly the 80s Charlton fans still think of him?

- Does Jim often reminisce over his Everton Hat-trick? (http://bit.ly/msf0Uj) or West Ham goal (9 seconds)

- How would his style of play (Lineker-esque!) stand-up in the modern game?

- Who was his favourite strike partner/ manager/ squad of players?

• Options
    talks a load of twoddle on here so don't think I'll tune in
  • Options
    That hat-trick against Everton was breathtaking. They were the current League Champions at the time, so I wonder what the modern day equivalent would be ?
  • Options

That hat-trick against Everton was breathtaking. They were the current League Champions at the time, so I wonder what the modern day equivalent would be ?

A hat-trick against Man City
  • Options

Was my first match, can you tell him I love him.

• Options
    Keep em coming....
  • Options
    Can he remember playing for a Glasgow select (in green and blue stripes) team against the English League for the Queen's Silver Jubilee at Hampden? I thought he played, but can't find the programme
    now.
    What was his favourite club, as a player.
    If I ever get round to forming a Partick/Charlton Supporters Club would he appear as a guest of honour?
  • Options
    And the wink to the crowd as he rolled over in agony?......aaah what mempries
  • Options
    sorry memories......
  • Options
    Was a hero of mine. Played on his own up front most of the time. Class/tough little so and so, and was very tenacious. Scored some very vital goals for the club. As a striker ge goes down in Charlton folklore in my eyes, as do Killer, SupaClive and Andy Hunt. Funny cos a lot of fans at his previous clubs never rated him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A hat-trick against Man City
    ........scored by whom, and for which team though !
  • Options
    Absolutely loved Jimmy Melrose.
    Can't think of a single sensible thing to ask him though!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Was my first match, can you tell him I love him.

After that match went to a party and got off with mates older sister - one of the best days ever.
    Even Sheedys two goals for Everton were classy free kicks if I remember correctly.