Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 3 former charlton players you really dislike?

Comments

• Options
    Darren Pitcher
    Darren Pitcher
    Darren Pitcher
  • Options
    Can't see past Pitcher and Mills TBH. Pitcher for his Mickey Mouse remarks after he signed for the unmentionables, Mills for that episode v Hull, which he topped by doing that interview with Pardont where he was chuckling about it. Also, anyone who cooks aubergine puree should be approached with extreme caution.

Garry Nelson mentioned in his book about the day Pitcher was invited to do the Valley Gold draw, I was behind the North Stand and people were fighting each other to get back up the stairs to offer their "welcome".
  • Options
    Pitcher
    Milne
    Defoe
  • Options
    Eamon Dunphy - crap player and massively disrespectful to the club.
  • Options

Eamon Dunphy - crap player and massively disrespectful to the club.

From Wiki (as he's before my time)
    "in 1985, rock band U2 and manager Paul McGuinness commissioned him to write the story of their origins, formation, early years and the time leading up to their phenomenally successful album, The Joshua Tree. His book Unforgettable Fire - The Story of U2 was published in 1988. It received some favourable reviews, but critics close to the band spoke of many inaccuracies. A verbal war erupted in the press during which Dunphy called lead singer Bono a "pompous git""

I can't hate anyone who called Bono a "pompous git"
  • Options
    Alan pardew

Danny mills

Nicky weaver
  • Options
    Andy Todd 1st reserve...
  • Options
    Defoe
    Defoe
    Defoe

Announced he was leaving when getting on the bus with the first team as Wetspam had given bung to parents.

The 'ungodly one' who will ensure that any team that plays him will fail to win the prize for which they are aiming for, shows no loyalty to any one or any club, and is small in stature and brain.

Just remember that Harry Cripps the Millwall Boxer played for us. What were they thinking? Still comes fourth.
  • Options

Darren Pitcher
    Darren Pitcher
    Darren Pitcher

Makes my blood boil!!!!

• Options
    Danny mills, loser , spok eared mug, loser on master chef, thinks his unmentionables smells of roses =bell end
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Just remember that Harry Cripps the Millwall Boxer played for us. What were they thinking? Still comes fourth.

Cripps joined around the same time as Dunphy.
    Now Cripps was as Millwall as they come, he absolutely stank of Cold Blow Lane, but at least he put some kind of shift in for us.
    Not like that jumped up little worm Dunphy
  • Options

Defoe, Marcus Bent, Pardew.

This.

Pardew not for his time as a player but for the money he wasted as a manager. Dowie isn't an ex-player or he'd be there instead of Bent.
  • Options
    Jim Stannard
    Michael Paye
    Lee Harmsworth
  • Options
    What's with the hatred towards Darren Pitcher? Bit young to understand
  • Options
    JFH, Mills and recent events have meant that Steve Jones has replaced Pitcher, still can't believe he would do that. Did that ever get resolved?
  • Options
    I'n surprised nobody mentioned Alan McCormack, after the notorious OXO tweet...
  • Options
    Scott Parker
    Luke Varney
    Jermaine Defoe.
  • Options
    Pitcher
    Parker
    Mills
  • Options
    Danny Mills, getting sent off so he could have a few days off showed exactly what he felt about Charlton.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Duplicate post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tough one this because we can only base our answers on our own external information and emotions. We may not have the full facts.

1, Parker. Instinctively parker would always be top of my list. I understand wanting to further your career but parker threw his toys out of the pram and forced a move halfway through a season where we were realistically looking at european qualification. You could argue we got a decent fee but what was the ultimate cost of his leaving? Loss of revenue from european games? Relegation? I can't agree with the total lack of loyalty. To balance the argument slightly what promises did the club make him when he extended his contract just a few months previously? Did they promise to let him go should a big club come in? I also felt parker didn't get on with curbs and that curbs and delayed his breakthrough into the first team.

2, Jermaine defoe. This dislike comes more from my disappointment that we were losing a future goal machine (we all knew he would be good) for what would in the long term be peanuts. That said if his parents did take a bung I can see the pressure that would be placed on the kid to take the move.

3, Neil redfern. Such was the arrogance of the man he expected the first team to be built around him despite the fact he was on the wrong side of thirty. If he had been on board then we might have stayed up that season.

Not on the list

Rob lee. Once a legend in my eyes. I even enjoyed his success at newcastle. As time moved on and towards the end of his career I could see him rewriting his own personal history and removing charlton from it. I don't get the feeling that he looks for charlton results on a saturday.

Danny murphy. I am convinced curbs, murray et al made promises to him about the club going on to bigger and better things. (I have no proof of this) and that is why he signed. We didn't live up to that promise and he left.
  • Options
    Defoe - bum hole
    Murphy - frequently didn't try, married to a sexy idiot
    Pitcher - I call him Bitcher
  • Options
    Defoe
    Mills
    Defoe again
  • Options
    1. Paul Williams Nescafé to the cafc fans never to be forgiven lll
    2. Parker - 4 months all he needed to stay for ab could have left with everyone's blessing
    3. Pitcher - big time Charlie small time
    Talent
  • Options

I'n surprised nobody mentioned Alan McCormack, after the notorious OXO tweet...

I'll never get why caf got upset at that .
  • Options
    Scott Sinclair

Marcus Bent

Danny Murphy

None of them gave a toss about the Club, which is their right off the pitch, but on the pitch they should put the effort in.

Murphy thought he was too good for us despite Curbs going 4-5-1 for him and the other too simply didn't care and just wanted to take their money.

I could be persuaded to substitute JFH for Sinclair perhaps.

Pitcher was as thick as two short planks and starstruck by media attention.
  • Options
    1. Darren Ambrose
    2. Darren Ambrose
    3. Darren Ambrose
  • Options
    Surprised there's not many andy todds. See what he done to deano?
  • Options
    It's only Defoe for me.
  • Options
    Jeffers has never struck me as likeable