Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cristiano Ronaldo At The Valley

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    'he may have experienced something traumatic in his life' 

my eyes just rolled out of my head tbh

Why?

He's a unique character.

It's in reference to what might have sparked his motivation/ abilities to perform the way he can.

In 2007, he went from being a very good young player....to something that couldn't be stopped. He just scored goals for fun.

It's not about assuming everything is to do with a rough situation.

Maybe he's a relatively normal bloke who is also an outstanding footballer.

"No pain - no gain"

• Options
    Comes across as a top bloke in interviews I've watched, just seems to me as he's one of the most driven people I've ever seen.

He just wants to be the best (and he basically is), yes he clearly had natural talent, but boy has he worked hard to improve and stay at the top of his game.

He didn't need to test himself again at Man U that's for sure, could've taken an easier gig
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Imagine if Paul Gascoigne followed this through and stuck with it!

• Options
    Re that photo of rooney; only caught 20 mins of the charity game but he looked decent!  Id sign him and scholes for charlton now. And seedorf. 
  • Options
    The 5 90 minute nap thing is mental, like how do you fit that into a day? 

6am-7.30am nap

11am-12.30pm nap

4pm-5.30m nap

9pm-10.30pm nap

1.30am-3am nap

How does that work around a football schedule
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    'he may have experienced something traumatic in his life' 

my eyes just rolled out of my head tbh
    Well that sounds fairly traumatic, have you checked to see if you have a six-pack?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    A disappointing 2 goals on his return yesterday, ( he’s made hat tricks the norm ) scruffy but they all count, think if he stays fit (ha) he’ll get 20 plus, and put United in the title race.

Still can’t get over the fact he’s performing like this at 36, when most players can barely run!

They said on match of the day, he’d scored 787 career goals, after the 2 yesterday.

Had to turn off match of the day turned when Palace came on, it’s too much after yesterday!
  • Options
    Would love to know Ronnies daily fitness regime, how does he make himself so much better than anyone else?

Certainly not got the physique of a 36 year old footballer on a slow down, looking for a last payday, if he wanted the easy option , it would have been to join the farmers league in France , rather than the premier league, but i guess he likes to challenge himself , and prove he's good at what he's doing.

I guess with Messi @ PSG him and Ronaldo was never going to happen.

"The Portugal international has a personal dietician who has worked with him ever since his Real Madrid days, eating six small meals a day – or one every three to four hours.

He particularly likes fish – particularly swordfish, sea bass and sea bream – and his favourite dish is bacalhau a braz, which is a mixture of cod, onions, thinly sliced potatoes and scrambled eggs. He also eats plenty of fruits and lean proteins. At restaurants, Ronaldo says he often orders steak and a salad, and never anything frozen - everything he eats is fresh. He doesn't touch alcohol or fizzy drinks and generally only drinks water."

So basically it's boring as fuck, but it's fair to say it's worked for him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s also quite remarkable how he has been able to stay relatively injury free in his later years as well.

As far back as 18 years ago he was taking batterings off of Premier League defenders, being fouled every other time he got the ball. And nearly two decades on he’s still able to perform at this level. It’s nothing short of extraordinary. 
  • Options
    Ronaldo dived at every opportunity during THAT match and deservedly got stick from home fans and players alike.

Tbf though, annoying as he was, he was absolutely brilliant and he alone created that 'I was there' moment that was a privilege to be a part of.

Probably one of just a handful of matches I can say that of in all my 55yrs of going to Charlton matches.
  • Options
    May have been said but Ronaldo was going to ground so often that Roy Keane pulled him up to his feet and put his hand up in apology to the Charlton fans in the Covered End.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Scoham said:
    Ronaldo is 8 months older than Rooney. One is still playing at the highest level, the other only gets on the pitch in charity games

Just shows, if you really, really, love yourself as much as Ronaldo does you don't let yourself go like everyone else does.
    Rooney loves a curry and a few nans.
    You can't eat that sort of nan though.
    Rooney can munch on anything
  • Options
    I swear the ref that day had also had enough of Ronaldos diving. Stuart was obviously pissed off as well and when Ronaldo tried some more cocky stepovers, he took him out. Ronaldo went six foot in the air, probably the first time in the game he was genuinely properly fouled but this time he jumped straight up, furious with Stuart and screaming blue murder at the ref. To my surprise the ref told him no foul and said play on. Then, for a split second the ref made eye contact with Stuart and gave him a knowing 'well done son, he deserved that smile' and Stuart responded with an unmistakable 'thanks ref smile and wink'. Ronaldo was raging
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Scoham said:
    Ronaldo is 8 months older than Rooney. One is still playing at the highest level, the other only gets on the pitch in charity games

Just shows, if you really, really, love yourself as much as Ronaldo does you don't let yourself go like everyone else does.
    Rooney loves a curry and a few nans.
    You can't eat that sort of nan though.
    Ol Wayne gave it a good try though
  • Options
    My memory of that game is Ronaldo needing the physio three times in the first 30 minutes. Hadn’t seen anything like it before that game and haven’t since.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

6am-7.30am nap

11am-12.30pm nap

4pm-5.30m nap

9pm-10.30pm nap

1.30am-3am nap

Yeah i'd guess that can't be true.

Assuming he gets up at 7am and goes to bed around 10pm, he can't possibly nap for that long given he probably doesn't get back from training until lunchtime.
  • Options
    Ronaldo was the most hated individual in the country in August 2006.

He's now an inspiration to a lot of people and highly respected. Quite the contrast.

Historical legend of sport 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

6am-7.30am nap

11am-12.30pm nap

4pm-5.30m nap

9pm-10.30pm nap

1.30am-3am nap

Yeah i'd guess that can't be true.

Assuming he gets up at 7am and goes to bed around 10pm, he can't possibly nap for that long given he probably doesn't get back from training until lunchtime.
    I think the point is that he has 5 naps rather than one sleep like us plebs, 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

He's now an inspiration to a lot of people and highly respected. Quite the contrast.

Same happened with Beckham 
  • Options
    13 minutes into his second champions league debut for United and he's scored again!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    13 minutes into his second champions league debut for United and he's scored again!
    Cheers... Only just seen this but thought the game was at 7:45pm so at least get to see the second half 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    Interesting read, in the spirit of Cristiano I have increased my consumption of water , and upped my strict weights training programme, the only 6 pack I seem to be getting though is the 6 pack out of the fridge on a Friday night!
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Same happened with Beckham 

Beckham was a great unique player, who, on his day, had world class capabilities.

His name should not be in the same sentence as Ronaldo's though.

Ronaldo is and was beyond a million times better then fashion royal wedding celebrity number 7 has ever been.

• Options
    Now got his own hotel apparently, Ronaldo not Kish that is!

• Options
    Was staying in a very rural part of Portugal, so rural no golf course to be seen, the locals spoke no English, and the blokes looked like women & vice versa back in 2018, when he scored that late equaliser v Spain. The small cafe bar we watched it in just erupted, was both an absolute joy & honour to be there, Ronald is a god in Portugal. Great scenes, the peasants were crying, the local red wine freely flowed into the small hours 😭