Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Ipswich v Charlton

2»

Comments

• Options
    Well to those surprised by the low marks, first we played a team that was shockingly bad and I would expect most teams in this league to beat them with little trouble.
    Now why the low scores for cort and Morrison, then look at the stats for shots at goal and on target by Ipswich,for example most headed clearances went to Ipswich or straight up in the air. Wilson indefence struggled to cope with their two large front men, for example over by us he attempted to tackle there number 14 who skipped by like a ballet dancer and this is a big lump. Also he gives a sence of panic when being closed down.
  • Options

As Msomorton says Ipswich were pretty poor but they still needed to be beaten. The main fault with us was we failed to close down shooting opportunities fast enough but their only goal came by a lucky deflection.

Hamer 7
    Wilson 6.5 Not brilliant but has the work ethic.
    Morrison 7.5
    Cort 6.5
    Solly 7
    Green 7 Was busy and involved. Not everything came off but he worried them.
    Jackson. 6.5
    Stephens 7 Some moments of class but caught on the ball a few times
    Kerkar. 6.5. Likes to play the game at walking pace but gave us width on the left side.
    Fuller 9 Easily man of the match, powerful and purposeful. He surprised me with his long accurate passes.
    Wright Phillips. 6 Not one of his better games but he continued to work hard.
  • Options
    Hamer - 8
    Wilson - 6
    Cort 7.5
    Morrison - 8.5 MOTM
    Solly - 7
    Green - 7.5
    Stephens - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Kerkar - 7
    Bwp - 7
    Fuller - 8
  • Options
    msomerton said:

Well to those surprised by the low marks, first we played a team that was shockingly bad and I would expect most teams in this league to beat them with little trouble.
    Now why the low scores for cort and Morrison, then look at the stats for shots at goal and on target by Ipswich,for example most headed clearances went to Ipswich or straight up in the air. Wilson indefence struggled to cope with their two large front men, for example over by us he attempted to tackle there number 14 who skipped by like a ballet dancer and this is a big lump. Also he gives a sence of panic when being closed down.

so there was no positives whatsoever? i hate when people take exception to other peoples marks but imo you are well off with them to the point of being hilarious.
  • Options
    For those of you at Portman Road today your marks please, just copy and paste the list:

Hamer 7
    Wilson 7
    Morrison 8
    Cort 7.5
    Solly 7
    Green 8.5
    Jackson 7.5
    Stephens 8
    Kerkar 7.5
    Fuller 8.5
    Wright Phillips 7.5

Pritchard N/A
    Dervite N/A
    Haynes N/A
  • Options
    All the people saying "it was only Ipswich, who are poor". You can't help who you play and we did the job required!
  • Options
    Ipswich maybe poor but they were still at home and slight favourites to win the game
  • Options

All the people saying "it was only Ipswich, who are poor". You can't help who you play and we did the job required!

True but true if you get my meaning, you are right and i thought we played really well but Ipswich did look a poor side low on confidence
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    dave85 said:

msomerton said:

so there was no positives whatsoever? i hate when people take exception to other peoples marks but imo you are well off with them to the point of being hilarious.

• Options
    Hamer - 7
    Wilson - 7
    Morrison - 8
    Cort - 7
    Solly - 7
    Green - 8
    Jackson - 7.5
    Stephens - 7
    Kerkar - 6.5
    Fuller - 9
    Wright Phillips - 6.5

Pritchard N/A
    Dervite N/A
    Haynes N/A

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    guys what formation did we play? sorry if this has been mentioned already!
  • Options
    dave85 said:

msomerton said:

I have taken no exception to other peoples marks. I was asked why I had marked so low and that was my reply. The quality of the opposition must effect the level of mark of aplaer and team.
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Wilson 7
    Morrison 7
    Cort 7
    Solly 7.5
    Green 7
    Jackson 7.5
    Stephens 7.5
    Kerkar 6.5
    Fuller 8.5
    Wright Phillips 6.5

• Options
    So if you have a blinder, score a hat trick against Ipswich away you get a 6..... Do the same against Blacburn at home and it's a 9?
  • Options

442, Kerkar and Green played wide
  • Options

442, Kerkar and Green played wide
    Cheers
  • Options
    MickFoley said:

Stephens deserves greater credit. Take him out and we'd have been no better than Ipswich. Yes, he'll misplace a pass or two over 90 minutes, but he sees opportunities that no-one else does.

Completely agree... I'd have him as MotM
  • Options

So if you have a blinder, score a hat trick against Ipswich away you get a 6..... Do the same against Blacburn at home and it's a 9?

In principal yes, the applicatio of course will vary. Of course if you give 9pts for every hat trick scored by a charlton first teamit would not matter if it was against a top proffesional team or an under 17 club side. But of course the quality of the opposition must play a role in marking.

• Options
    MickFoley Member said
    September 23
    Stephens deserves greater credit. Take him out and we'd have been no better than Ipswich. Yes, he'll misplace a pass or two over 90 minutes, but he sees opportunities that no-one else does.

Can't believe the low marks some gave him - Well done for your comment, at least you know your football.
    As quote from TeeC completely agree with you!
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Wilson 7
    Morrison 7
    Cort 7
    Solly 7
    Green 7.5
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 8.5
    Kerkar 7.5
    Fuller 8.5
    Wright Phillips 7.5