Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Floyd Road

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
I know it's been said before, but VFR has now got so fast I literally can't keep up. It's a much better song sung slowly in my view. Gravitas and all that.
Someone sort this out please.
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    I agree
  • Options
    Where's effing Simon (football) Rattle when you need him?
  • Options
    Perhaps a giant metrognome on the big screen would do the trick.
  • Options
    Also VFR is in 3/4 time, which I think confuses the drummer/timekeeper.
  • Options
    I double agree. In fact most of our songs are sung too quick. Embarassing.
  • Options
    Most football chants are fast now! Was watching Everton Man yoo the other week, and the Man yoo were singing something or other at the same sort of pace as our VFR!! Just gawd knows why!! Strange
  • Options
    Is it because of amphetemines? (sp?)
  • Options
    I definitely struggled with it at Ipswich, but just put that down to the cigarettes and lack of fitness
  • Options
    most of our fans can only sing for short bursts, like if we do 'we are charlton covered end' most people will only sing it once then stop. that's why we need to speed up VFR cram it all in before people stop and it gets quieter
  • Options
    And why the "Clapping" at the end ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And why the "Clapping" at the end ?

That is the part that really gets me going......are we bloody seals or something waiting to be given our fish? Are we that sad that we thing we need to clap ourselves because we did such a great job singing it?
  • Options
    think we should get Gareth malone on the case
  • Options
    agreed the clapping at end is embarassing.. never done when i started gone charlton (am only 26)
  • Options

think we should get Gareth malone on the case

Actually, that's not a bad idea, Karim .

I'd love to sing in one of his choirs !