Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bexley Food Hygiene

2»

Comments

• Options

What I find disturbing is that my local kebab house hasn't been inspected since Dec 2011....

There's a simple solution. Dont ever eat kebabs :)

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

What I find disturbing is that my local kebab house hasn't been inspected since Dec 2011....

There's a simple solution. Dont ever eat kebabs :)

That is always the plan for me. After 15 pints of lager though I always forget and end up getting one. Always regret it the next day.
  • Options
    I would say glad I moved away from Bexley, but strangely enough the take away food round here (sittingbourne) although on average scores higher on fsa doesn't taste as good, I think the dirt and bacteria must add to the flavour! Yumm!
  • Options

I see Bexley hasn't improved: So they finish bottom last time and since then, the figures showed no hygiene sampling at all was carried out by Bexley,

http://news.sky.com/story/1194654/food-safety-worst-councils-named-and-shamed

See that standards have not improved then.
    I rarely eat in the village anymore, until it is compulsory that establishments have to display this rating in the window I fear that things will not really change. I think this was the view proposed by the organisation that represents trading standards officers a week or so ago.

• Options
    Seems ludicrous that they do not have to display the rating. By making them do that and enforcing it rigorously the hygiene issue almost becomes self-regulating. Given the choice between a curry from a 5 and a chinese from a 1, not many people will pick the chinky and that restaurant will be forced to improve or risk going out of business.
  • Options
    Oh bollocks... just lookoed up The Grill in Welling which I love for a takeaway, healthyish chicken shish with bread or rice. Its really nice. Got a big fat 0.
  • Options
    I wonder what the LB of Bexley's response will be. They will probably say they spent all their money on stupid roundabouts and silly signposts telling me how to get to Bexleyheath.
  • Options
    No data available for Greenwich? Wonder why.
  • Options
    On the radio Bexley have just said that they did inspect 46 times
  • Options

On the radio Bexley have just said that they did inspect 46 times

And that was just one establishment!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    pettgra said:

I wonder what the LB of Bexley's response will be. They will probably say they spent all their money on stupid roundabouts and silly signposts telling me how to get to Bexleyheath.

Not forgetting "new road layout ahead"

Just how long does that sign have to remain prominent ?
    How do I know that the "new layout" I have got used to after last week's change - has not been changed again ?

It's political correctness gone mad :)

• Options
    My chinese is a 3, chippy is a 1 and the curry is a 2. Not looking good for me but strangely I've never had any problems from any of them!
  • Options
    Thank goodness the Moghul got a 4, love that place.
  • Options
    Why has Greenwich got a 170 page pdf document on their website and nothing on the FSA website? You cant search that pdf document at all.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Why has Greenwich got a 170 page pdf document on their website and nothing on the FSA website? You cant search that pdf document at all.

and not in alphabetical order. Couldn't find CAFC on the list
  • Options
    Actually you are able to search it. They dont list a number. Either yes or no. Valley Cafe is a yes. Viceroy is a no! The Football Club is a yes.
  • Options
    Im not even going to look at my favourite takeaways just in case they have a shit rating.
  • Options
    What does everybody think of that new Bexleyheath town centre road layout?
  • Options

Im not even going to look at my favourite takeaways just in case they have a shit rating.

That's pretty much what they do have.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    The indian takeaway called Mahan in Joyden's Wood is quality.
    Admittedly it's on the borders of Bexley and Dartford, so maybe it wasn't in Bexley's figures but it's got a rating of 5 and it recently won two gongs at the National Curry awards. (Best Outer London and best South east, I think) so it's not all bad in the area!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a joke; looked at a random zero score - The Horse & Groom, Main Road Sidcup. It said "urgent improvement necessary", yet the inspection date was July last year!!
    So, why hasn't the council carried out a follow up unannounced visit?
    And why wasn't the venue shut down pending required improvements? Shocking.
  • Options

pettgra said:

Not forgetting "new road layout ahead"

Just how long does that sign have to remain prominent ?
    How do I know that the "new layout" I have got used to after last week's change - has not been changed again ?

It's political correctness gone mad :)

I forget that. They certainly have you scratching your head!