Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Every game has been tight...1-1, 2-1, 0-0, 1-2, 0-1, 2-3, 2-1

Looking at our results this season, whether wins losses (or draws obviously) there's never been more than 1 goal in it, one bit of luck or magic and every game could have had a different result. In some ways it's encouraging that we've never been beaten out of sight, (though on the flip side you knew that somehow Ipswich would nick a goal to make it tense...) as it shows the team spirit in the squad, it will be interesting to see how Birmingham react to their drubbing yesterday.

Comments

• Options
    I think this is an interesting point.
    We've not been turned over by anyone and, though we've been outplayed at times, we've been resilient and spirited enough to keep in the game.
    I think this augurs well for the rest of the season and should keep us out of the scramble down at the bottom come April/May.
    On the other hand, from what I've already seen and comparing us with others, I've revised my expectations down from 10th to around 16th.
  • Options
    I think you could also argue that if we had refs who did their jobs properly - based on decisions they got clearly wrong - we would probably have 7 or 8 more points right now.
  • Options
    I think this is a good point. Last season was built on a strong defence and I do wonder whether this season will hinge on how well the defence performs and whether the back four mostly stay fit and avoid suspensions.

If we can keep clean sheets in more games, it will obviously make that difference
  • Options
    I think as we've seen this weekend with Boro winning at Blackburn and Barnsley destroying birmingham that anyone can beat anyone else in this league so plenty of games will be tight.

Leeds lost at home to Hull in the week but then beat Forest. Leicester have won all their home games, but lost all their away games.

If you can string 3-4 wins together in this league you will fly up the table because apart from Brighton and Blackpool, no one seems to be that consistent.
  • Options
    In a tight league like this you need a decent defense and I think we have that in Morro and Cort. Seem a solid pairing which will save us more than a few points over the season. As Mutley said with a couple of decent refs/linesmen we could definitely have 4 more points than we do, I think that would put us 7/8th? Still confident of a comfortable mid table, 12-14th
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Just going on facts - Hull (h) Kermogant scored a goal given offside against BWP - we clearly shown he was onside - probably 2 points lost. Forest (a) - When 2-1sown near the end- one of the clearest handballs in the area you could wish to see - ref missed it!!! probably cost us a point. Palarse (h) - clear BWP goal given offised - assistant ref apologised afterwards - would have put us 1-up and could have cost us 3 points. Derby (a) - 3rd Derby goal a very soft pen - maybe we needed that to start or fightback but could have cost us a point. That's 7 points. Whilst it can be said we may not have deserved all those points- I don't think it is possible to point to any similar decisions that went for us.

if somebody wants a go, they are welcome to!
  • Options
    Can't make Muttley wrong there to be fair!
  • Options
    I dispute the Kermy "goal" v Hull as the lino's flag had been up for ages and the ref had already blown for offside so the players had stopped.
  • Options
    This is the sort of season where the odd goal here and there will make all the difference between looking up towards the playoffs and fighting against relegation. It's a positive that in games where we've been generally outplayed, we've always been with a chance of points at the end, countered by the slight negative with the lack of clean sheets (only the Hull monsoon) when Hamer kept a record number last season.
  • Options

I dispute the Kermy "goal" v Hull as the lino's flag had been up for ages and the ref had already blown for offside so the players had stopped.

The flag went up immediately but I think you will find the ref didn't blow until the ball went in. It was within his power to overule the assistant ref and players are told to play to the whistle- not th eflag.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The lino was proved wrong though.

• Options
    1-1, 2-1, 0-0, 1-2, 0-1, 2-3, 2-1, 1-1, 1-2

Very small margins in every game...
  • Options

Spot on , how do we turn them in our favour , with the team we've got?

• Options
    Is " we only lost by one goal" the new "we're still 5th"
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    The facts speak for themselves. Only Ipswich have scored less than us yet only seven Clubs in the Division have conceded less than us.

Start getting the ball in the back of the net on a more regular basis and we will be fone.
  • Options

Spot on , how do we turn them in our favour , with the team we've got?

Scoring goals when we're on top of teams - we're just not doing it enough
  • Options
    Last night , we looked a bit too tense and worried (The players ... not the fans) i reckon Chris needs to take them paintballing or ten pin bowling or something.
  • Options
    Not anymore
  • Options
    And, the one that seemed to have the most fears of a hefty defeat. It's a strange division with surprising results every week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well i guess this threads been put to bed now we've won 2-0!
  • Options
    I'm delighted my thread had been killed (and not by the comfortable defeat many were predicting!)
  • Options

I'm delighted my thread had been killed (and not by the comfortable defeat many were predicting!)

Too right , i feared a mauling , but the lads were fantastic.