Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just when you were loosing all faith in British plod.....

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
.... have a read/watch of this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19704018

There weren't a dry eye in Chateaux BigRob when this was on earlier!

Comments

• Options
    Praise be where praise due. The police get slated a lot and for most part they bring it on themselves. However a story like this shows that there are good officers, examples of those who just want to do good.
    I'll take the police force we have over most other countries to be honest.
  • Options
    Saw it earlier. I thought it was amazing that they are doing this. This time next week I would've completed my first day of police training.
  • Options
    Good on 'em.
  • Options
    Fantastic, although the scum that did that to that poor little girl should be made to do it (without shoes) to raise the money.

Well done the the officers involved though. Top stuff.
  • Options
    Love our police and cant stand the mugs who slag them off. This is superb.
  • Options

Praise be where praise due. The police get slated a lot and for most part they bring it on themselves. However a story like this shows that there are good officers, examples of those who just want to do good.

Seconded. You appreciate them all the more when you live abroad.

• Options

Here, here Richard.

• Options
    There seems to be a big fund raising push for this young girl as I read yesterday that two Ambulance medics are walking the length of the river Thames from Its start in Gloucestershire to its end near Southend over ten days.
    Good luck to them all!
  • Options

The McCann family wouldn't agree.
  • Options
    Apologies, having reread you probably meant that anyway?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a question, when did hatred for Police come about In London?

Not a silly question as some probably always hated them but when you hear older folk talk about them they always loved the friendly local Bobby.

Just random question, would like to hear some of your thoughts.
  • Options
    Probably since they were first introduced. Power corrupts some people and mistakes made by an organisation like that are going to upset people more than most services.
  • Options
    Losing faith? I lost faith in them years ago.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Apologies, having reread you probably meant that anyway?

Yes, the Czech police are an absolute joke, and make you appreciate what we have in the UK. Having said that, their justice system is rubbish too, the two things go together.

• Options
    Nice post Big Rob.

Have got quite a few mates who've joined the Police in the past five or six years, all top lads. Yes there are bad un's in every job but the good ones far outweigh the others IMO. I wouldn't want their job in a million years after the stories I've been told.
  • Options
    What you've got to remember is that they represent the powers above - just like with many of you I suspect, there are things your company do that you don't agree with or wouldn't want to put your name to but you don't have much of a choice. Yes of course there are jobs-worths who love the power and don't act appropriately but in the most part you can only base your decision on police on how they are forced to behave within the role of their job. It's the same old story with football rivalries, hating the Germans etc in that it's a common dislike (often completely unfounded and based on stereotype) that people love to unite behind, especially the chavs among us - although we are probably all guilty of it to a certain extent in some instances
  • Options

This. Tired of people slagging them off. They do a good job.
  • Options
    I live in Kenya and while the police here have improved considerably in the last few years they are not a patch on their British counterparts.
    I still get stopped while driving and asked to produce my driving licence. When I don't have it on me I get invited to give them a ride to the station so I can post a bail bond, around 20 quid, or do a side deal. I have to point out to them that there is no law demanding that I carry a driving licence, only that I have to produce it within 24 hours, if requested. After that they back off and never demand that I produce it.
    It helps that Kenya's laws are similar to those in the UK only they stopped being refined about 50 years ago.
    Otherwise, I quite like living here.
  • Options

I live in Kenya and while the police here have improved considerably in the last few years they are not a patch on their British counterparts.
    I still get stopped while driving and asked to produce my driving licence. When I don't have it on me I get invited to give them a ride to the station so I can post a bail bond, around 20 quid, or do a side deal. I have to point out to them that there is no law demanding that I carry a driving licence, only that I have to produce it within 24 hours, if requested. After that they back off and never demand that I produce it.
    It helps that Kenya's laws are similar to those in the UK only they stopped being refined about 50 years ago.
    Otherwise, I quite like living here.

On the flip side, I'm sure criminals in Kenya get the kind of treatment they deserve, not the opportunity to do degrees and play playstation when they're inside.
    A happy medium would be nice!
  • Options
    Tell the family of Iam Tomlinson about how nice the police are unlawfully killed, as determined by a Coroners Court, but found not guilty in a court .
    The guy who was shot at Stockwell station by the police told the world that the guy concerned that he was aware that he was being tailed and run down the escalators turned out they were telling lies ,they told the world that when they went into carriage they identified themselves as police every witness in that carriage said they did not identify themselves.One passenger stated he thought it was a gang killing so they lied. They also took the tapes away from station and told the world when asked the CCTV was not working

Also lets ask the people of Merseyside what they think about the police in South Yorkshire after what as come out about the cover up they was involved and I do not buy into it was just the officers in the 23 years since Hillsboro not one copper has been a whistleblower .
    What about the Cops who have been caught out about there relationship with The Sun, so lets get away that they are some" Dixon of Dock Green types".

They are not called "Filth" for nothing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All valid points @MillwallFrankBorman but I'm sure you could get as many positive stories that the media don't bother printing
  • Options
    well said frank
  • Options
    @FrankBorman - entitled to your opinion mate, hope it goes well for you when you tell the parents of PCs Bone and Hughes that their murdered daughters were 'filth'.
  • Options

Tell the family of Iam Tomlinson about how nice the police are unlawfully killed, as determined by a Coroners Court, but found not guilty in a court .
    The guy who was shot at Stockwell station by the police told the world that the guy concerned that he was aware that he was being tailed and run down the escalators turned out they were telling lies ,they told the world that when they went into carriage they identified themselves as police every witness in that carriage said they did not identify themselves.One passenger stated he thought it was a gang killing so they lied. They also took the tapes away from station and told the world when asked the CCTV was not working

Also lets ask the people of Merseyside what they think about the police in South Yorkshire after what as come out about the cover up they was involved and I do not buy into it was just the officers in the 23 years since Hillsboro not one copper has been a whistleblower .
    What about the Cops who have been caught out about there relationship with The Sun, so lets get away that they are some" Dixon of Dock Green types".

You're always going to get some rotten apples on the tree, but most are pretty decent.
  • Options
    Frank

No reasonable person would deny that those things you speak about are intolerable and should never happen again. Also you forgot about the appalling behaviour of the police during the Stephen Lawrence investigation.

My question is, do you really think that any major police force in the world is better? I haven't come across one yet. Certainly not the one I live with now.
  • Options

So what proportion of the entire British police force do they represent? As I said in an earlier post, there are always going to be examples of such incidence but to tarnish everyone with the same brush is completely illogical. Entitled to your opinion though.
  • Options
    WSS said:

All valid points @MillwallFrankBorman but I'm sure you could get as many positive stories that the media don't bother printing

I have no doubt there are stories are postitive ,but we have now reach a point where people believe that the police can do what they want and get away with it. Ask yourself why is that the police are not held in the same esteeem they used to be
  • Options

@FrankBorman - entitled to your opinion mate, hope it goes well for you when you tell the parents of PCs Bone and Hughes that their murdered daughters were 'filth'.

you say that but in the last 50 years over a 1,000 people have died in police custody and yet no one has ever been disciplined

• Options
    Ross_cafc said:

So what proportion of the entire British police force do they represent? As I said in an earlier post, there are always going to be examples of such incidence but to tarnish everyone with the same brush is completely illogical. Entitled to your opinion though.
    Believe me when I say that I understand where you come from but they are quick to tar everyone with the same brush ask all the black kids that have been pulled up and searched, when they harass Muslim's ask at the mosque in Woolwich

• Options
    They are called filth for nothing, that was a pathetic last line to your post Frank and undermined every point you made. You can not say "they" are quick to tar everyone with same brush anymore than you could say "they" are all criminals when referring to black kids it a ridiculous statement to make.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!