Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup - EUROPE RETAIN, hold on WIN!!!!

1222324252628»

Comments

• Options

What did people make of Tiger not making Mollinari put out at the last ?

If it was the other way round, I would have been fuming. Might not have won the cup, but a huge difference between drawing and losing.

Strange guy Tiger

I imagine the bookies were absolutely fuming that he conceded. 14-14 they'd have a huge result as i doubt many punters bother backing the draw.
  • Options

If it was the other way round, I would have been fuming. Might not have won the cup, but a huge difference between drawing and losing.

Strange guy Tiger

I imagine the bookies were absolutely fuming that he conceded. 14-14 they'd have a huge result as i doubt many punters bother backing the draw.
    agree with this

Personally I thought it was a real touch of class!
  • Options

Strange guy Tiger

very nearly had a bit of money on the draw @10s.
    would've been fuming.
  • Options
    Haha - the state of Ollie and Sergio this morning is hilarious. God knows what sort of nick Poulter will be in!
  • Options
    Tiger handing over the win to Mollinari was what the ryder Cup is about you have to remember since Brook Line the Americans are tarred with poor sportsmanship and poor supporters who tarnished the name of a great sporting event

Tiger returned some of that dignity back

it was all over the cup was retained there was a good chance Mollinari would hole it, but why put a fellow pro through it

Hats off to the Tiger
  • Options
  • Options
    Tiger might also have been acting under instructions from Davis Love. It was a classy gesture but it also shows that in America only winning counts.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Hehe

Team Europe's class is clear to see. Watch Sergio (to the right) just leaning on the bag watching the American overreactions. lol.
  • Options
    saw rorys interview after his match finished. not sure i buy the excuse for being late. why wasnt he late on the other days? seems strange to set your alarm to clock thats been an hour behind for 2 or 3 days already.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    johnny73 said:

Tiger might also have been acting under instructions from Davis Love. It was a classy gesture but it also shows that in America only winning counts.

I reckon he's more likely to have been pissed off with Love for sending him out last
  • Options

Strange guy Tiger

Couldnt win whatever he did westwood was made to put out that was wrong according to the commentators but not westwood himself. I thought it was a nice piece of sportsmanship that in the end had no real bearing they had not one the cup back
  • Options
    Im not a particular golf fan but that was some of the most enthralling edge of the seat 3/4 hours of sport I have ever seen.

Well done team Europe but I think we might have gone slightly OTT with the 'For Seve' stuff.

I cant wait to watch my next game of golf in 2 years :)
  • Options
    I don't buy that it was a 'touch of class' from Woods.
    It looks to me that he was pissed off with missing his putt and probably was thinking "sod it, we can't win the cup anyway, let's get the f*ck out of dodge".
    He was probably annoyed anyway because the opportunity of potential glory had been taken away from him.

(As an aside, personally, I don't think Woods is very classy at all. For all that Leroy's rants about 'Figjam' make me laugh, Mickelson still comes across as a decent sort, if slightly annoying. As does Bubba. And a couple of others. But Woods? No.)
  • Options

Strange guy Tiger

Couldnt win whatever he did westwood was made to put out that was wrong according to the commentators but not westwood himself. I thought it was a nice piece of sportsmanship that in the end had no real bearing they had not one the cup back
    Disagreed with the commentators on this. No putt has to be given and that was a good 12" putt. Westwood himself said he was cr#pping himself over that putt which is exactly why you'd make him putt it. It can be missed, especially on greens as fast as that.
  • Options
    defo looked closer on telly and the greens look flat, which they are most definately not. They should do those graphic computer game type demo's to show how bumpy the greens are as watching on the telly defo makes it look easy.
    Hence why Mickleson & Rose's putts were bloody amazing.
  • Options
    Not sure what to make of this. Apart from a couple of wives and caddies the americans didn't turn up to the tournament ending party (traditionally everyone attends win or lose). A tough loss for the USA but it seems to me that classy is leaving the building real quick.
  • Options
    Can anyone post a link to when Olly give Rory the clock can't find it anywhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Needs to be put In to context the fact they were 10 -6 up is the equivalent of being 4-0 nil up at half time in the European cup final and losing 5-4

Would you party or go

I would go
  • Options
    I'd go although it would hurt. The party is a gesture to sportsmanship. I'd like to know if europe went to the brookline party?
  • Options
    I couldn't have faced it I couldn't face anyone when we lost to palace

Let alone if we had thrown away a 4 goal lead
  • Options
    The thing is half the european team play on the us tour and are friends with the americans. Europe would have been celebrating but they wouldn't have been rubbing the american noses in it.
  • Options
    this tweet from Poulter after today's round backs up my theory on him, holding a round together.

-6 under par thru 9 & shoot -4 under total. To say i'm headless is an understatement, 10 under is on. Off to the gym to de stress I'm pissed
  • Options
    Watching The Miracle At Medinah on Sky now. Best. Sporting. Event. Ever.
  • Options
    Vice Captain Miguel Angel Jimenez has broken his leg skiing. Could be out for up to 6m.
  • Options
    6 minutes is pretty rapid healing time.