Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conveyancing

In the process of moving home and am staggered at how much solicitors fees are when you are 'buying and selling'. Can anyone recommend a cheap local solicitor? (Bexley area)

Comments

• Options
    You won't find a cheap one and they are all crooks who operate within the law (which needs to be changed so we don't need them btw) - that's my experience anyway.
  • Options
    sure there was a thread on this a few weeks back
  • Options
    Don't get me started on this bunch of arseholes. When we moved they made two huge cock-ups which cost us a significant sum in stamp duty. They also "forgot" to pay an associated fee which resulted in baliffs turning up on my doorstep. Even though it was the solicitors fault and the admin assistant admitted that she tried to contact us at the address we moved from! They still wouldn't reimburse the baliffs fees. Utter wankers the lot of them.
  • Options
    there was a thread recently, but try Kirk & Partners = Eltham. for a quote.
  • Options
    Try Sharpe and Perl, New Ash Green. Nick's a regular at the Valley as well.
  • Options
    You don't NEED a solicitor, you can do it yourself IF you can persuade the mortgage company you know what you are doing. As this is unlikely you will be better off having someone (a licensed conveyancer for example) to do it for you. As most property now is registered and conveyancing is straightforward, I would suggest you do an internet search and get someone up north to do yours. There is absolutely no need to pay London prices. I have used this approach for my last couple of moves and it costs a fraction of London charges and I have had no problems.
  • Options
    My favourite name for a law firm: Wright Hassell.
    You'd really think they'd change it wouldn't you.
  • Options
    As in the thread that was just linked. I also used Hugh Lewis from Kirk and Parnters as Eltham Addick recommended. Was in the house 8 weeks to the day of the offer accepted. Very good.
  • Options
    edited September 2012