Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Kinsella the New No 2 at Colchester

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
According to the BBC. Nothing on Colchester's O/S yet. Good luck to him I think he'll need it!

Comments

• great for him.
  • Thats great news for him
  • That's great news, hope he makes a go of it, definitely worthy of better than coaching at Histon.
  • Hope he does well for them.
  • who is the new number one?
  • Nepotism is alive and well in football.
  • I did wonder about Kins when I saw that Joe Dunne was appointed this morning. Delighted for Kins and sure his family will enjoy being back in the area. Hope it all works out well for him.
  • Is his father in law still on the board at Colchester?
  • Good luck Mark.

• Sponsored links:

• We need him in center mid, I bet he could still do a job.

Good luck Mark you LEGEND.
  • First player NWKA sponsored when he joined the Club.

Lovely guy - hope this works out well for him.
  • In hindsight he was on our coaching staff at just the wrong time. He was no doubt the right man to be there but it was just the wrong time. All the best Kins!
  • I hope it works both for Kins for obvious reasons and Joe Dunne.

I met Joe quite a few times when he was a youngster at Gillingham as he lodged with some friends of mine for a while. A very nice bloke.
  • Gosh I hope it works out for Mark. Any younger supporter who may have vague memories of Kins may not realise that LEGEND is the only word for him. The Stoke fans who have been on here going on about Fuller, well I feel the same if not more about Mark Kinsella, there are a million memories of this superb footballer, one to contemplate now was the 'finger wag' against Manchester City.
    if we play Colchester United sometime soon whilst he's there, I fully expect the loudest and longest greeting for an ex-Charltonian there has ever been.
  • Couldn't agree more with Seth. A true legend. Imagine how we would do this season with him in midfield. Hope it works out for him and he comes back to Charlton one day.
  • seth plum said:

Gosh I hope it works out for Mark. Any younger supporter who may have vague memories of Kins may not realise that LEGEND is the only word for him. The Stoke fans who have been on here going on about Fuller, well I feel the same if not more about Mark Kinsella, there are a million memories of this superb footballer, one to contemplate now was the 'finger wag' against Manchester City.
    if we play Colchester United sometime soon whilst he's there, I fully expect the loudest and longest greeting for an ex-Charltonian there has ever been.

This times 100%. I hope we get Col u in the Fa Cup 3rd round.
  • And kins became charlton through and through. With history behind us where we have got so much wrong financially I would rather villa had kept their money. Sure it was a good business decision to sell a players whose best days were behind him for a very good fee but I wish that kins had been able to finish his career as a cafc player.
  • johnny73 said:

And kins became charlton through and through. With history behind us where we have got so much wrong financially I would rather villa had kept their money. Sure it was a good business decision to sell a players whose best days were behind him for a very good fee but I wish that kins had been able to finish his career as a cafc player.

Kins wanted to play though, Jensen and Parker were our first choice center mids and i think even Bart-Williams was infront of Kins in the pecking order. Villa came in for him, he wanted to go as he was "guaranteed" to play (he didnt).
  • An absolute legend as a player. Like so many (it seems) of our pre-prem days that stepped out on to the pitch and gave absolutely everything for 90 mins....................
  • Sponsored links:

• Him and Killer are my all time favourite players. Miss his after match covered end milks to the covered end. A true legend. My favourite moment was in 1st half of '98 play off semi at Ipswich. 3 tackles in about 2 seconds that epitomised him as a player and the spirit in the team at that time. Still get hairs on the back of my neck standing up whenever I see it.
  • Am I making up the idea in my head that Kinsella almost suggested the move because he knew he was on the way out fitness-wise so we could get some money for him?

Anyway, wish him the best of luck at Col U, its a big shame that things didn't work out for him here.
  • Ditto all the above. Would very much welcome him back if SCP were to appoint Kins to the coaching staff at some time.
  • It's turned full circle for him. Saw him play as sweeper for non-league Colchester Utd in the FA Cup 1st Rd against Exeter City (managed by Alan Ball). He was decent at sweeper, Curbs did a masterful job converting him into a dynamic midfielder. Good luck to him.